UPS says Yes to Saturday Ground.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Is it a driver sort and load or do you have a preload. How about support? FT sups, mechanics, and who spots all the cars at the end of the day for Monday?
We have a preload to load the trucks. There have been a couple driver sups that come in and a bunch of other "special management" that have been here to help transition the Saturday. All our trucks are lined up inside the building already and are utilized using one of the 3 belts that normally get ran during the week.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We have those as well, they have the option to work after the T-S new hires are filled up and FT volunteers have the option to work. Before Sat ground, PT had seniority as it was classified as an air day, that is no longer the case.
How does this play out for your non-bid route drivers (swing/cover FT)?
Are they still M-friend?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yes ideally.

We are just saying because they will be cutting so many routes on Mondays it will be extra problematic
Until the company starts pushing loads nationwide this won't be a problem. Currently Monday's volume that gets run on Saturday is just stuff that you'll deliver the other two pieces for on Monday. We are currently running about 20-30% of the workforce on a normal workday. Until you're able to make the density impact that will enable you to cut routes, this operation won't be profitable.

TLDR;
We are still going to the same areas we would have anyways on Monday, just with less stops and pieces. Pickups on Mondays are another issue that has yet to be solved, along with NDA (which will be solved with pushing loads)

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
How does this play out for your non-bid route drivers (swing/cover FT)?
Are they still M-friend?
Yes, the FT swing (non bid holders) are M-friend provided they have enough seniority to remain so, kind of goes with the territory these are low guys. PT cover drivers are used in place on Mondays as they suck up the spot of the T-Sat so those individuals have the hours to work.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
M-friend or T-S based on seniority?
Yes, I don't know of a single non bid holder who volunteers to do it. Currently they have been using new hire FT drivers fresh off the boat for T-Sat coverage, but as they ramp up the FT swing drivers will start to be forced to a T-Sat bid.

The new hires have been floundering out there, hence why they are begging regular drivers to come in and 6 punch.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I don't think you'll make it that far.

I've known two co-workers who died from the effects of alcohol and they weren't 95.....

but you go for it dude!
I know of guys who ate perfect and ran five miles a day and croaked at age 35...when it's your time it's your time...my grandpa drank a bottle of vodka a day and smoked two packs of cigarettes a day and lived to 83...thanks dad

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I know of guys who ate perfect and ran five miles a day and croaked at age 35...when it's your time it's your time...my grandpa drank a bottle of vodka a day and smoked two packs of cigarettes a day and lived to 83...thanks dad
A gambler who always wins is called lucky. A gambler who always loses is called an addict. Luck is the only difference between the two. I'd prefer to not leave my future up to luck.

By The Book

Yes, I don't know of a single non bid holder who volunteers to do it. Currently they have been using new hire FT drivers fresh off the boat for T-Sat coverage, but as they ramp up the FT swing drivers will start to be forced to a T-Sat bid.

The new hires have been floundering out there, hence why they are begging regular drivers to come in and 6 punch.
As they ramp up the FT swing drivers with enough seniority won't be forced to do this, IMO.

By The Book

I know he's family an all....but he's a terrible role model.