UPS screws Union AND Management...but in this case its just the Management.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I understood that and I agree with the rest.

Alan's legacy will be the word "enhancements" when referring to reduction in employee benefits.

As an aside, my reference earlier on this subject to "another nail in the coffin of the partnership" was not meant that it is a bad thing.
It is just a realization that management (at least below Level 20) are just employees ... no special status.

I wonder how many spouses of Level 20 and above employees work for an employer that provides insurance?
Certainly not an Atlas Shrugged scenario where the masses stand on the back of the top leadership.

According to the latest Supreme Court ruling most "managers" are not even defined as supervisors. The only names I ever saw on a warring letter was the division manager. Every "manager" under them, according to the Supreme Court, are no more than co-workers.

The majority decision, written by Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr., rejected the definition of “supervisor” advanced by theEqual Employment Opportunity Commission as someone authorized to take “tangible employment actions” or direct the employee’s daily work activities.
Rather, the court ruled that being a supervisor should be limited to someone authorized to take “tangible employment actions” like hiring, firing, promoting, demoting or reassigning employees to significantly different responsibilities.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/25/b...e-job-discrimination.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Catatonic

Nine Lives
According to the latest Supreme Court ruling most "managers" are not even defined as supervisors. The only names I ever saw on a warring letter was the division manager. Every "manager" under them, according to the Supreme Court, are no more than co-workers.

The majority decision, written by Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr., rejected the definition of “supervisor” advanced by theEqual Employment Opportunity Commission as someone authorized to take “tangible employment actions” or direct the employee’s daily work activities.
Rather, the court ruled that being a supervisor should be limited to someone authorized to take “tangible employment actions” like hiring, firing, promoting, demoting or reassigning employees to significantly different responsibilities.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/25/b...e-job-discrimination.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I think the courts in California used similar language a few years back.
​That had to do with excessive hours worked with no additional pay as I remember.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I have to say that I'm starting to not feel sorry for the management group (and I am part of this group). You get beat up constantly and then vote to give the individuals making the decisions 10 votes per share giving them total control without the accompanying financial risk. You threaten to stop contributing to UPSPAC every year and then contribute. We're told that legislation is the reason for the benefits changes yet you'll contribute again. You threaten to reduce or cut off United Way contributions but you don't. Why would anything change? I am not suggesting a course of action but I don't know why anyone would expect things to be different next time around.

curiousbrain

​and every person in the world is infected.

Not everyone.

I have to say that I'm starting to not feel sorry for the management group (and I am part of this group). You get beat up constantly and then vote to give the individuals making the decisions 10 votes per share giving them total control without the accompanying financial risk. You threaten to stop contributing to UPSPAC every year and then contribute. We're told that legislation is the reason for the benefits changes yet you'll contribute again. You threaten to reduce or cut off United Way contributions but you don't. Why would anything change? I am not suggesting a course of action but I don't know why anyone would expect things to be different next time around.

Tell us how you feel about the average American voter.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Not everyone.

Tell us how you feel about the average American voter.

​Same. We get used and taken advantage of and then re-elect the same group so they can keep doing it to us. It seems like humans have a subconscious need to be mistreated once in a while so we take steps to keep it going.

TxRoadDawg

seems we all like the misery we've grown accustom to versus how much worse the next guy can make it. On a brighter note I doubt the next ceo can makes being in ops any worse than this one already has...

AZBrown

Teamster by choice
. Teamsters dont want to be part of management. Perhaps Atlanta should conduct a useful survey and see what percentage of management would consider switching back to the Teamsters.
Only an anonymous survey would reveal the truth on that, and it would be an unexpected result