UPS Seasonal Pay

Yozh69

Hmm. Not sure I can do $45 a week. I'm barely making $48 now so no reason to bust my rear for $45 ;)

Well, it seems clear that UPS doesn't pay anywhere close to what FedEx did last year for seasonal help. Now to see what FedEx will be paying this year.

browner89

Seasonal pay where I work was same as permanent employee wages, friend in NE area said they were doing 13.50 for all seasonal workers.

Personally I think it's bs that someone who will only work there for 2 months is going to get 3.40/hr to start more than someone who is a permanent employee and should be much more proficient at the job.

Seasonal pay where I work was same as permanent employee wages, friend in NE area said they were doing 13.50 for all seasonal workers.

Personally I think it's bs that someone who will only work there for 2 months is going to get 3.40/hr to start more than someone who is a permanent employee and should be much more proficient at the job.
That shouldn't be allowed.

browner89

That shouldn't be allowed.

Couldn't agree more, I guess the company has full control over what they pay seasonals though since they aren't under our contract, it's almost like they did it simply to insult the permanent hourlies, I can't imagine it was because they had trouble finding bodies in heavily populated areas.

PT Car Washer

Last Peak UPS was advertising on the radio for seasonal package handler help at $15/hr. They then only hired permanent PT at $10/hr. We have many PT with Nov and Dec seniority dates from last year.

Anthonysg0113

It's all about a future for yourself. I've seen helpers get permanent pt jobs, I've seen seasonal drivers get ft driving jobs. I put in my 9 yrs pt and now I'm a driver, learned ALOT how this company runs. FedEx vs. UPS...mmm, I prefer UPS [emoji597][emoji598][emoji574]️[emoji631]