Ups security guards

konatriman

At my hub, security is now requiring "property permits" on all electronic devices brought in to the hub. Which personally I think is dumb, how does this sticker prove my ownership of say, my phone and ipod that i bring every day to work. Also, if you don't comply you will lose your job! its just rediculous.

At my hub, security is now requiring "property permits" on all electronic devices brought in to the hub. Which personally I think is dumb, how does this sticker prove my ownership of say, my phone and ipod that i bring every day to work. Also, if you don't comply you will lose your job! its just rediculous.

This is standard operating procedure at many buildings. For you phone it will be registered and the number verified. If they were to check the sticker number against the phone number and it didn`t match then you would have some explaining to do. Ipods have serial numbers that will be registered and then stickered. Verification procedure is as same as above.

It`s their house, their rules. Don`t want to comply then leave your toys at home.

gorilla75jdw

Im A steward and had to represent a guy with about a dozen tubesocks stuffed in his pocket , who admitted to stealing them in the load area at our hub . so no , do not put socks in your pocket ,lol.

over9five

Staff member
"Wow man, you got fired cuz you stole stuff? What'd ya steal? Computers? Laptops? Cell phones???"

"No......I lost a great job cuz.....I........stole..... tubesocks........."

Nimnim

The Nim
"Wow man, you got fired cuz you stole stuff? What'd ya steal? Computers? Laptops? Cell phones???"

"No......I lost a great job cuz.....I........stole..... tubesocks........."

We lost someone a few years ago for stealing the latest Madden game. You know the one that comes out every year that is almost identical to the one before it and can buy for $5 in the used bin.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a driver fired for what amounted to about $18. This was back when most of our pickup accounts were still using the books. He had "borrowed" a 1Z label from one of his pickup accounts and used it to ship out a personal package. He probably would have never been caught had the package not been returned to the shipper as damaged.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We had a preloader helping himself to the the carfreshener trees cuz he loaded that truck. He got away with that for a while, so he decided he would help himself to some dvd's. I was in DA, so I happened to see the package that security had sent from main hub to test us because it kicked out a blank sticker on the main belt. It had our supervisors name on it, so I handed it to him as he was standing by. He opened it up and sent it down the belt. Lo and behold, if that kid didn't pick it up and take it into his truck and help himself. They waited til the end of the shift and took him upstairs. He was discharged.
It was an interesting scene to watch.
It was very interesting to realize afterward exactly how stupid he was.

steeltoe

Our building is crazy. We must enter the security gate from the employee parking lot. Get scanned and show ID. Here is the kicker. The truck entrance is also the entrance to the customer counter. Anyone can drive right through the gate, park their car, and take their package to the customer counter. The guy who works at the building must show ID, but joe-blow can just drive right through and have access to the building. I asked the LP sup about this and he said it is just the way the building was designed. What a waste of money. if you are going to have security, use it properly.

cicero

If my hub made me put a sticker on my phone, I would tell them I'm no longer carrying a phone to work with me and all communication from then on would be through the DIAD...heck, would save me minutes so I would be cool with that!