UPS Security training

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by mikeups1978, Feb 14, 2014.

1. mikeups1978

mikeups1978 Member

Where does security get their training from? Like interrogating someone, detecting lies, and other things etc... Is it from an outside agency?
  2. OPTION3

OPTION3 Well-Known Member

security?--If we say there is NO problem then there is NO problem…Dam it!
  3. browntroll

browntroll Active Member

do u mean the unarmed contracted agency security? which i believe get no training. or the actual loss prevention in an office security? which
    in my hub is normally some sort of ex-police detective or other person in agency with some sort of law degree.
  4. Johnny Paycheck

Johnny Paycheck Speak softly and carry a big stick.

How much training do they need to wave a wand and say "thank you."?
  5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We are talking about LP, not the rental cops.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  6. quamba 638

quamba 638 Member

Our LP supervisor started from within, loading, I believe. Every few years he'll ask if I've seen anything walk out the door and he hands me his card.. Which makes me feel like he suspects me of something. " If you see anything suspicious give me a call."
  7. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

UPS does some training specific to UPS situations but for the most part, they hire people who already have the background training and experience.
    Why should UPS pay to train someone when they can hire for the same salary "ready to go" LP people.
  8. They are trained by the CIA or the keystone cops. It all depends.
  9. vowl

vowl up late

Security at UPS is goofy. They are more worried about what we bring in than leave with. My load starts every night with 20 30 plus pound boxes of ammunition and there are at least five guns every night. Then there are the crossbows, sledge hammers, etc etc. I just find it all absurd.
  10. quamba 638

quamba 638 Member

11. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

No one seems to care what employees bring into my building....that's what worries me.
  12. quamba 638

quamba 638 Member

Well, I can't reply in a quote with the app crashing... But it's not "goofy", it's business.
    About 8 or 9 years ago an employee got into a verbal fight with another employee and one was sent home. He went home grabbed a shotgun and sat in his car for 3 hours and waited for the other guy to get off work, waited by his car and shot him in the face with a shotgun and 8a.m.

Then in 2012 a driver from my building was shot and killed when a guy who was recently fired from his job returned to kill his boss, along with other employees.....
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. quamba 638

quamba 638 Member

Yeah, my belt goes off all the time on the way in the building. No one has stopped me once. On the way out its just the opposite. I just take my belt off and have it ready when I leave.
  14. quamba 638

quamba 638 Member

Bottom line. UPS and the "security guards" don't care about your safety. They care about stopping thieves.
  15. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

My knee replacement sets of the metal detector and the guard always wands it to our mutual amusement.
  16. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Fixed it for ya
  17. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

They demand all LP employees watch reruns of Dragnet.
  18. ladmeih

ladmeih Member

Here they're trained to steal pills and get caught xD