UPS Security training

mikeups1978

Where does security get their training from? Like interrogating someone, detecting lies, and other things etc... Is it from an outside agency?

browntroll

Where does security get their training from? Like interrogating someone, detecting lies, and other things etc... Is it from an outside agency?
do u mean the unarmed contracted agency security? which i believe get no training. or the actual loss prevention in an office security? which
in my hub is normally some sort of ex-police detective or other person in agency with some sort of law degree.

quamba 638

Our LP supervisor started from within, loading, I believe. Every few years he'll ask if I've seen anything walk out the door and he hands me his card.. Which makes me feel like he suspects me of something. " If you see anything suspicious give me a call."

Catatonic

Nine Lives
UPS does some training specific to UPS situations but for the most part, they hire people who already have the background training and experience.
Why should UPS pay to train someone when they can hire for the same salary "ready to go" LP people.

vowl

up late
Security at UPS is goofy. They are more worried about what we bring in than leave with. My load starts every night with 20 30 plus pound boxes of ammunition and there are at least five guns every night. Then there are the crossbows, sledge hammers, etc etc. I just find it all absurd.

quamba 638

Security at UPS is goofy. They are more worried about what we bring in than leave with. My load starts every night with 20 30 plus pound boxes of ammunition and there are at least five guns every night. Then there are the crossbows, sledge hammers, etc etc. I just find it all absurd.

quamba 638

Well, I can't reply in a quote with the app crashing... But it's not "goofy", it's business.
About 8 or 9 years ago an employee got into a verbal fight with another employee and one was sent home. He went home grabbed a shotgun and sat in his car for 3 hours and waited for the other guy to get off work, waited by his car and shot him in the face with a shotgun and 8a.m.

Then in 2012 a driver from my building was shot and killed when a guy who was recently fired from his job returned to kill his boss, along with other employees.....