UPS Security

trickpony1

That statement is actually "UP TO 5000 dollars.", and thats definetly a key word there.

I agree.
A number of years ago pkg car drivers in our area were being robbed by an individual. PCM's were issued explaining what to do if you think you are being followed or suspect anything.
Sure enough, a pkg driver I know realized he was being followed. He called in, was told what to do and not do. Soon the local police and LP apprehended the robber.
The pkg driver never saw a penny of the $5000. An attorney was consulted to determine if the pkg driver could recover any of the reward money and was told it wasn't worth it.
Makes a person proud.:confused:1

Griff

I agree.
A number of years ago pkg car drivers in our area were being robbed by an individual. PCM's were issued explaining what to do if you think you are being followed or suspect anything.
Sure enough, a pkg driver I know realized he was being followed. He called in, was told what to do and not do. Soon the local police and LP apprehended the robber.
The pkg driver never saw a penny of the $5000. An attorney was consulted to determine if the pkg driver could recover any of the reward money and was told it wasn't worth it.
Makes a person proud.:confused:1

The reward is for reporting a fellow employee at UPS for stealing, not some idiot trying to rob you for QVC junk.

govols019

You smell that?
The exploding ink is my favorite. Damn, that's funny.

I have no pity for them. The last one they caught like that is now working for DHL.

J

Jack S

In years past we've had personnel (sorters) slapping on bogus labels during sorts. This labels would send the pkg to prearranged address ( usually a vacate house ) to be retrieved later on .
Once LP opened up and scattered a case of video new releases on a belt then shook down the sorters after the sort .

drdoowopp

Its a long time ago but when VCRs first came out and were very expensive I had a COD on one about $800. First attempt not in. Next day the customer approaches me asking for the package, oops not in the truck, call I tell him.
nowhere to be found. About two weeks later Security catches the night sort Sup loading one in his trunk. ha ha