UPS sent me a letter to pay off overpayment dues.

JoshP

I haven't worked there since July 3rd. I did send in a transfer request, but they lost it 3 times and told me to print one and send it again.

Anyway, I consider myself laid off (been working a full year there). A few days ago, they sent me a bill of about over $100. They wanted me to send a check by September 5th to their Georgia headquarters.

I've been busy so I haven't been able to make time to send it off. What would happen if I didn't pay it or it was sent past the date they expect it to be received?

Should I worry about it since I technically don't want to work for this crap company anymore?

JoshP

They won't take me to court over it? I'm just wondering. I've been screwed with this company so many times since I first started, I just gave up on them after they messed up my third transfer document request.

JoshP

Oh, ok! Just making sure. I assumed I paid off the dues working my last few weeks there, but apparently not.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
They could litigate but it is highly unlikely. You'll likely be handed off to a collection agency or a firm that will just send you a lot of paper and trash your credit

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

JoshP

I had my room mate store the letter for reference... It just says I've been overpaid for the days I've worked and to send a check for the amount mentioned above. Even if I was to send it in, they wouldn't get it in time.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Send them a letter stating you weren't compensated for all your hard work and labor, and that you are having back pain from lifting boxes and also neck pain , and you are now having stress/panic attacks from them accusing you of overpayment. That should do it:winks:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I had my room mate store the letter for reference... It just says I've been overpaid for the days I've worked and to send a check for the amount mentioned above. Even if I was to send it in, they wouldn't get it in time.
I'm confused....Do you owe money to the union or to UPS? It'll probably go to collection agency...they won't take you to court over 100 bucks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The OP should not be so quick to dismiss this letter, which is not about overpayment of union dues but is instead about being paid the wrong pay rate for hours worked; however, rather than just blindly sending them a check, I would send a request for documentation to support their assertion.

Ignoring this letter could end up ruining your credit.

JoshP

The OP should not be so quick to dismiss this letter, which is not about overpayment of union dues but is instead about being paid the wrong pay rate for hours worked; however, rather than just blindly sending them a check, I would send a request for documentation to support their assertion.

Ignoring this letter could end up ruining your credit.

Ditto. I'll probably just pay it. However, they said it'd be taken out of my last three paychecks (which I assume it was taken out of considering they took a good chunk out.). They sent me that letter almost two months after leaving.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Tell them you need proof of this, sent certified mail. UPS is so disorganized you'll cover yourself if they ever try to take you to court or anything.

bluebiker

Tell them to send you proof that they you owe the money. Then when the do send it, ignore it for awhile till they request it again, then tell them you never received it.
Do this 3 times to make up for the transfer they "lost".

Then tell them you will contact the wage and hour division of the Dept of Labor in the state where the alleged overpayment happened.

Bury them in a little paperwork.