UPS should replace the entire fleet with non union workers.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Does this mean you finally stopped freeloading and signed a union card?

Nope!

I heard it used to be 8 dollars a week. If that were true today, there would be no question into signing one. The 2.5% is alike another tax which ill gladly stay away from.

A driver, and steward, handed a guy a contract booklet to a friend today. I asked if I may have one, like to do some research on the subject as well. As you can see I'm not against the union, fully that is. It just isnt a driving force with me at this point of time or in my position. It will be if given the chance to advance futher, then ill wear the hat and shirt with pride. Well, maybe not that far.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Nope!

I heard it used to be 8 dollars a week. If that were true today, there would be no question into signing one. The 2.5% is alike another tax which ill gladly stay away from.

A driver, and steward, handed a guy a contract booklet to a friend today. I asked if I may have one, like to do some research on the subject as well. As you can see I'm not against the union, fully that is. It just isnt a driving force with me at this point of time or in my position. It will be if given the chance to advance futher, then ill wear the hat and shirt with pride. Well, maybe not that far.

Your monthly dues would be somewhere between 2-3x your hourly rate; mine are 2.5x and I pay ~$7.25 or so a week. Many locals opt for weekly payroll deduction over monthly, as the hit is spread out over four weeks rather than all at once.

Also, since you're in a RTW state, you probably won't be hit with an initiation fee. Many locals also have free life and/or disability insurance for members; it's worth calling the hall and looking into - along with paying my dues, I'm getting $10,000 in free life insurance.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Your monthly dues would be somewhere between 2-3x your hourly rate; mine are 2.5x and I pay ~$7.25 or so a week. Many locals opt for weekly payroll deduction over monthly, as the hit is spread out over four weeks rather than all at once.

Also, since you're in a RTW state, you probably won't be hit with an initiation fee. Many locals also have free life and/or disability insurance for members; it's worth calling the hall and looking into - along with paying my dues, I'm getting $10,000 in free life insurance.

There is an initiation fee. Something like 32$ for 2-3 weeks.

Its 2.5% of the overall paycheck, or as far as I know, which would be something like 11$ a week. I will talk with that driver tomarrow about the details. I hope I can get a booklet and read it front to back to learn the language and the details that way.

UPS_Broken_Dreams

The problem isn't the union. The problem is the Ftmers making way to much money to deliver boxes and ptmers getting shafted Bc most can't even afford to be part of the union and in turn have no voice, no vote, no hope! Greedy ftmers living beyond there means is what real problem is!!

AMTK54

Look at the UPS model vs FedEx Ground in terms of wages, benefits, etc. Particularly with regard to driver/feeder positions. Can anyone honestly say they'd prefer working for that kind of compensation versus what is offered at UPS? Unions, like everything else in life, have pros and cons. But without a union at UPS, there'd be nothing to stand between what is offered now and FedEx Ground style wages. That's indisputable.

iowa boy

The problem isn't the union. The problem is the Ftmers making way to much money to deliver boxes and ptmers getting shafted Bc most can't even afford to be part of the union and in turn have no voice, no vote, no hope! Greedy ftmers living beyond there means is what real problem is!!

Here we go again....

brett636

cringe.gif

You mean the greedy ftimers who put their time in as ptimers to work their way up to a good paying full time position? Or are you saying you'd just like to have the cake handed to you without earning it?

Johney

So when and if you become friend/T you'd be more than willing to take a big pay cut?

A

anonymous6

this must be a management troll or just a very unhappy and angry person. people like this would be the first to whine and cry if it happened to them.

maybe she's right. recall the minimum wage, ignore the contract, and bring over Pakistanis to work for $1 an hr. I bet the stock price would go up to $90 a share.

ups hero

If I were Management, I'd Grab every employee ******** & make them work harder.
Yea, as if we don't already kill ourselves now. Have you ever worked for the company a day in your life????
By me, it sure doesn't sound like it. Go back to Facebook and pretend you live a great happy life on that site.