UPS showers in locker rooms at feeder locations.

raceanoncr

Does anyone know if UPS feeder locations have showers for drivers to take when they finish their shifts before going home.

Some of the older buildings do...when they used to care about drivers. Louisville does, albeit a little tin box that was put in for sleeper teams, probably due to massive amounts of protest when sleeper teams were out for a wk and have to wait for sort there smelling like a wet dog.

ImpactedTSG

Some do. I remember the project where we had to install cameras in them to keep track of driver hours. The toughest part was finding a small enough camera to be undetected that was also water and humidity proof.

W

wakyzachyUPS

Yea, I guess they care about us more here in NJ LOL not. Almoust every hub I have been in here in NJ and PA have showers.

trickpony1

cameras in the shower stall?........nothing illegal about that!
Since when do drivers take showers on the clock?
Perhaps I'm missing something.

SeniorGeek

Below the Line
Some do. I remember the project where we had to install cameras in them to keep track of driver hours. The toughest part was finding a small enough camera to be undetected that was also water and humidity proof.
I think that your District misunderstood the requirements of this project (or you had different requirements based on local laws). All we had to track was people entering and exiting - with the assertion being that no company work is done in that area, so whatever they do is on their own time.

We were supplied a single camera to cover everyone entering and exiting a location, but some places had a door at each end of the lockers with no line of sight outside, so the camera had to be inside. I did not like that.

Cameras would quit working, and nobody would notice for months. I think the reality was that the project cost a lot more than the information was worth.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We have showers in a few of our locker rooms but I don't think you would catch me using them anytime soon. We do have a driver that uses them bt he is a clean freak and showers 4-5 times a day

HazMatMan

Why would you install cameras in a shower to keep track of driver hours (illegal??) Aren't there other "legal" ways of checking hours?? If you suspect a driver of perhaps taking a shower on "company time" there are other ways of catching him of stealing time...

ImpactedTSG

Why would you install cameras in a shower to keep track of driver hours (illegal??) Aren't there other "legal" ways of checking hours?? If you suspect a driver of perhaps taking a shower on "company time" there are other ways of catching him of stealing time...
Hey, don't shoot the messenger. We were just dumb clones that worked as directed.

ups_vette

cameras in the shower stall?........nothing illegal about that!
Since when do drivers take showers on the clock?
Perhaps I'm missing something.

Dr Trickpony...Allow me to relay an incident that happened when I was the Center Manager at a remote 40 driver Center with 5 Feeder Drivers. One Saturday morning I went in to the Center to catch up on some paperwork. It was after 9 am and I knew the last Feeder driver (Maspeth) should have returned to the Center.

When I walked into the Center I noticed that the Feeder driver's time card was laying on the turnin counter in front of the time clock. Examing his time card I noticed that he hadn't punched return to building yet his tractor was parked inside the Center. I heard noise comming from the locker room and went to inspect. What do you think I found? Yep, you gussed it. The Feeder driver comming out of the shower.

Needless to say, that was his last day working for UPS. I fired him immediately, he filed a grivence, it went to Pannel, and the discharge was upheld.

So yes Dr Trickpony, as usual you are missing something.