UPS Socks. A new requirement?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Can't believe this stupid rule is enforced elsewhere. Socks are the probably the least concern in my center, we have drivers who wear Nikes everyday to work with their pants half falling down off of their ass. One dude in my center actually wears a grille in his teeth on road, lol. I wear shorts everyday but have never worn the UPS socks...I wear low black ankle socks totally hidden under my work boots.
You gotta get a picture, that's hilarious.

jaker

trolling
I buy the plain brown socks and when they ask where is the logo I say it fell off because our socks suck

I wouldn't mine wearing the socks but they don't make them for smaller feet , size 9 to 11 is not going to fit right on my feet

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I buy the plain brown socks and when they ask where is the logo I say it fell off because our socks suck

I wouldn't mine wearing the socks but they don't make them for smaller feet , size 9 to 11 is not going to fit right on my feet
Just FYI, the sox sold in the last couple years have an embroidered logo, not a stick-on.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
You don HAVE to wear the socks! You just have to wear pants if you decide not to wear them. They've given you an alternative so they should not have to provide them. I don't mind, it's more professional. We are all hard working professional drivers right?

Sent using BrownCafe App

lp59pete

This thread reminded me to order some new socks, since it's probably been at least five years since I got the last pairs. The socks are $26 with a couple bucks tax, and right at $10 for shipping. I wish we at least got a discount on the shipping!

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
This thread reminded me to order some new socks, since it's probably been at least five years since I got the last pairs. The socks are $26 with a couple bucks tax, and right at $10 for shipping. I wish we at least got a discount on the shipping!

We do. You just have to jump through a metric ton of BS hoops. I am lazier then I am cheap so I don't care.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Just FYI, the sox sold in the last couple years have an embroidered logo, not a stick-on.
images-21.jpeg
Hey, you're right! lol

HULKAMANIA

Personally I hate those worthless socks. Whenever I wear a new pair they are so tight they make my toes rub together so bad that I get blisters. It happens everytime! So I havent been wearing them for quite awhile. I wear no show socks so I really dont see the big deal. Until I get told different I am going to keep on keeping on.

Yes the blister thing is a real issue for me. Not making this up. It sucks! I guess I do have somewhat wide feet and those socks are made way to tight that I cant stand them. The last time I wore a pair I was going on vacation the following week and it blistered the insides of my toes so bad I couldnt hardly walk on my vacation.

I love how we care about our appearance yet you can have the crotch blown out of your pants/shorts, have faded uniforms that dont match, wear boots with shorts "to me this looks stupid and unprofessional", old caps that have 80 sweat rings around them...etc...OH but make sure you got them gold lined UPS socks on lol.

Johney

Personally I hate those worthless socks. Whenever I wear a new pair they are so tight they make my toes rub together so bad that I get blisters. It happens everytime! So I havent been wearing them for quite awhile. I wear no show socks so I really dont see the big deal. Until I get told different I am going to keep on keeping on.

Yes the blister thing is a real issue for me. Not making this up. It sucks! I guess I do have somewhat wide feet and those socks are made way to tight that I cant stand them. The last time I wore a pair I was going on vacation the following week and it blistered the insides of my toes so bad I couldnt hardly walk on my vacation.

I love how we care about our appearance yet you can have the crotch blown out of your pants/shorts, have faded uniforms that dont match, wear boots with shorts "to me this looks stupid and unprofessional", old caps that have 80 sweat rings around them...etc...OH but make sure you got them gold lined UPS socks on lol.
All us drivers buying those socks are why this company makes money.

cb1969

Don't except the suspension and file a grievance under article 37 and when you go to the local hear point out ever on car sup that is not in compliance with the dress code...

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Don't except the suspension and file a grievance under article 37 and when you go to the local hear point out ever on car sup that is not in compliance with the dress code...

Accepted or not, he would be suspended. UPS' uniform standards are posted everywhere, so the UPS rep at the local would tell him to piss off. Just because it didn't used to be enforced doesn't mean that you don't havr to do it. If you're wrong and they don't push the issue, then you're fine. If they do push and you're wrong, then get ready for discipline.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
In my center, they tell the driver to punch out, go home and get the right socks on. If you are caught, they will not let you leave the building.

I usually try this on Fridays to get the day off. Funny how the uniform is only important when they are over staffed. If ythey are short handed, you can wear whatever you want.

MethodsMan

I thought I was the only one this happened to.