Ups Socks

Cementups

Box Monkey
6-0.

The fat lady is warming up.

fatlady-sings.gif

CharleyHustle

The Red Sox were the best team this year brought about by the great turnaround in their pitching this year over last year. Ortiz was the best hitter in the post season by far. Preseason I had a discussion with our resident Bo-Sox fan, and said I liked Victorino over Torri Hunter who the Tigers got. He was suspect then but I liked what Victorino brought to the table. No doubt Victorino had a very productive post season while Hunter struggled.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Red Sox were the best team this year brought about by the great turnaround in their pitching this year over last year. Ortiz was the best hitter in the post season by far. Preseason I had a discussion with our resident Bo-Sox fan, and said I liked Victorino over Torri Hunter who the Tigers got. He was suspect then but I liked what Victorino brought to the table. No doubt Victorino had a very productive post season while Hunter struggled.

On paper the best team was the Los Angeles Dodgers.

The games are not played on paper and the best team won.

pretender

I love Tori Hunter, but it became obvious to me that his best days are behind him.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I was up there over the weeked got out of town Monday before the mayham. I critisized the sox for signing Victorino for 3 and 39 million . Guess I was wrong.Contgrats to the Red Sox fans. they deserve it.

CharleyHustle

On paper the best team was the Los Angeles Dodgers.

The games are not played on paper and the best team won.

No doubt. Its interesting the big change for the Red Sox was pretty much the same pitching staff got markedly better, and that two of their top of the order starters got accused of cheating......just saying.

texan

No doubt. Its interesting the big change for the Red Sox was pretty much the same pitching staff got markedly better, and that two of their top of the order starters got accused of cheating......just saying.

hmmm Sour Grapes?
By the way I am, and always have been a Phillys fan. Pity me please.

CharleyHustle

hmmm Sour Grapes?

Maybe a little. More a poke at folks that wont tolerate cheating by other teams, but look the other way when its their own players. Jhonny Peralta cheated, served his time and was berated by Boston fans constantly in the ALCS. Fair enough. Cheating happens all the time, pretty much every team, every sport, every level. Just because no one catches you red handed doesn't make you any less of a cheater. David Ortiz was outstanding in every way this post season, outstanding entertainment every time he came to the plate. There are many baseball insiders who seriously doubt his cleanliness. Whatever... Congrats to Boston and being Boston Strong! I already can't wait for next year.