UPS Socks

Johney

Summer? Wear my UPS socks all year here. Haven't wore a pair of long pant's since we got shorts. Those e-bay one's won't fly around here they will make you wear long pants if they see them. Some guys have after-market pairs with just a yellow stripe on the top they are fine with. Not sure where they get them from.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Summer? Wear my UPS socks all year here. Haven't wore a pair of long pant's since we got shorts. Those e-bay one's won't fly around here they will make you wear long pants if they see them. Some guys have after-market pairs with just a yellow stripe on the top they are fine with. Not sure where they get them from.
The official UPS socks used to be brown with a gold stripe around the top. That was before they started putting the logo on them. Is there something in writing somewhere that says you can't wear plain brown socks?

Johney

Yes these socks are very much like the very first ones we got with shorts. Our management team will give guys a very hard time for just wearing brown socks.

didyousheetit

Where I am at we wear the low cut black Nike socks that are below the ankle bone. When we first got shorts all there was was the ones with a single yellow stripe. I actually still have a pair left, although I would never wear them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using BrownCafe mobile app

Cementups

Box Monkey
Where I am at we wear the low cut black Nike socks that are below the ankle bone. When we first got shorts all there was was the ones with a single yellow stripe. I actually still have a pair left, although I would never wear them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using BrownCafe mobile app

Same here but I go with the Under Armour brand. The Nike ones tend to pill up a bit too much.

FilingBluesFL

Seriously? $80-100K/year and you have to wear "create-a-socks"?

When the crappy ass socks that we HAVE to buy, offer absolutely NO cushioning at the bottom of the sock, and make your feet feel terrible at the end of the day, then hell yeah.

The ONLY UPS socks that I have, are the ones I won by answering safety questions in the mornings for "prizes." Sadly the prizes were only pairs of socks. Nothing good :(

I bought 10 packages of these things.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002AK82ZI/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I wear through them, I just throw 'em out, no biggie. Still have a lot of them two years later.

A LOT more comfortable than the crap UPS expects us to buy.

wornoutupser

UPS in my area is becoming angry over the old brown and gold stripe socks.

A while back I was taken into the office for wearing them. UPS can not produce anything to me that says that I can not wear them.
My response was " I will wear these until they wear out". I was asked how much longer that will be and I smiled to reply " Many more years, I bought 10 dozen of them!"

I truly wonder with the absurd price if UPS is getting a kickback on the newer socks and this is why we are taking heat in this issue.

browndingo

A while back I was taken into the office for wearing them. UPS can not produce anything to me that says that I can not wear them.

They aren't looking very hard - the appearance guidelines are posted at upsers.com and new driver hires are required to sign a copy.

- Uniform shorts can only be worn with UPS branded brown socks.
- Uniform long pants can be worn with black or brown socks.

Marne Vet

Seriously? $80-100K/year and you have to wear "create-a-socks"?

I did this as a part-timer. Why is this a problem? Not everyone makes $80-100k/yr. They gave me one pair when I started as an Air Walker. It had a gold stripe on it. I used those socks so much they eventually turned orange. If I don't have to spend money on UPS junk, I won't.

oldngray

nowhere special
They aren't looking very hard - the appearance guidelines are posted at upsers.com and new driver hires are required to sign a copy.

- Uniform shorts can only be worn with UPS branded brown socks.
- Uniform long pants can be worn with black or brown socks.

The old brown socks with a gold band ARE UPS approved. That was the original style. The new socks are different but the old socks are still OK to wear. UPS just doesn't like it since they would prefer people buy the new socks.

browndingo

The old brown socks with a gold band ARE UPS approved. That was the original style. The new socks are different but the old socks are still OK to wear. UPS just doesn't like it since they would prefer people buy the new socks.
It was explained to me that "UPS Branded" means they have the UPS logo on them - and only the UPS logo. There are some non-uniform socks out there with NASCAR and other logos on them aside from the UPS logo.

oldngray

nowhere special
Nope. UPS socks originally had a gold stripe with no logo. Some smart people legally copied them and sold cheaper. UPS didn't like that so changed the style to include the logo which couldn't legally be copied. The old gold stripe socks were original UPS uniform issue.

upschuck

I truly wonder with the absurd price if UPS is getting a kickback on the newer socks and this is why we are taking heat in this issue.

Yes they do, they at least get the UPS branding fee. Why else would a set cost way so much. I have been known to wear a pair of white no shows, cut the toes out of the brown UPS socks after the heal and toes were holed out, just so they could only see the brown sock and embroidered shield. And yes, I am cheap about these types of things.