UPS Socks

box_beeyotch

You refuse to pay $35 for 6 pairs of socks yet have no problem paying $250 for one pair of boots??

Not if their worth it. The last pair I bought lasted me almost 2 and a half years. Granted that wasn't all time on the road but still. I do have a problem buying 35 dollar socks that fall apart and get holes within 6 months, which really is 3 months considering I dont wear UPS socks in winter.

Mr.Golden

UPS supplies the belts and hats.

The socks are supposed to be official uniform accessories bought from a company authorized location. If you don't want to pay for the socks, don't wear shorts.

Under armor, sunglasses, boots, briefs can be bought anywhere. Twin Hill would be overpriced for these items compared to your local merchandise store.

Unlike the socks, you can buy any type of briefs, under armor (white or brown if it shows), sunglasses, boots (black or brown).

Check out Redwing, Sunglass Hut, Walmart, Striderite, Wolverine, Payless, Cabelas, Gander Mountain....the list goes on.

Stride rite? thought that was a kid shoe store

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Not if their worth it. The last pair I bought lasted me almost 2 and a half years. Granted that wasn't all time on the road but still. I do have a problem buying 35 dollar socks that fall apart and get holes within 6 months, which really is 3 months considering I dont wear UPS socks in winter.
I get 3 years out of six pairs of socks. 250 would buy me 4 sets of boots.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I get 3 years out of six pairs of socks. 250 would buy me 4 sets of boots.

I usually get one full year out of 6 pairs of socks. I wear the socks alone during the summer and under a thicker pair of socks during the winter.

$250 would buy me 3 pairs of boots.

I hope that my new socks come in today as we are supposed to be in the low 60's on Monday and I may break out the shorts.

boxwayne

Are you required to wear the tall ups socks if your wearing high tops? At my building they are telling us we must wear them even if we are wearing the sort ups socks, because they can't see the short socks. Sounds like a bunch of bull to me

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you required to wear the tall ups socks if your wearing high tops? At my building they are telling us we must wear them even if we are wearing the sort ups socks, because they can't see the short socks. Sounds like a bunch of bull to me

Actually you are not supposed to be able to wear high tops while wearing shorts but, yes, the socks must be visible above the shoes.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I buy my socks 6" at Sam 's club. Eddie bauers. For 10 bucks. 10 pairs. They are brown. I just fold them down so no one can see them , unless they get on their hands and knees to see them. My former center manager thought I didn't wear socks. Never heard a word about it

FilingBluesFL

Actually you are not supposed to be able to wear high tops while wearing shorts but, yes, the socks must be visible above the shoes.

No where have I read in the company "appearance standards" that the socks must be visible.

5-6 people got yanked in to the office and given warning letters the other day for not wearing socks.

I have "tall" boots, socks not visible, no one said jack crap to me.

box_beeyotch

No where have I read in the company "appearance standards" that the socks must be visible.

5-6 people got yanked in to the office and given warning letters the other day for not wearing socks.

I have "tall" boots, socks not visible, no one said jack crap to me.

Around here they only say stuff to you about the appearance guidelines when the DM or any of the other UPS police are in the house.