ups socks

dimte

hey, hey, hey, now. aint nothin' deviant about the socks. she just has a fancy for tall socks, like none of ya'll got a quirk. c'mon now! I know everyone that was pyschotic enough to work a preload can relate.

charliebrown11

SLEDGE HAMMER
I go to the local flea market and buy 2 pair of socks for $4.00, then tear off the exhausted ups logo from my fading socks, and use fabric adhesive or glue. They have been washed for the last 3 months, and the logos are still there.

ups79

I go to the local flea market and buy 2 pair of socks for $4.00, then tear off the exhausted ups logo from my fading socks, and use fabric adhesive or glue. They have been washed for the last 3 months, and the logos are still there.

Did the same thing for a number of years. Due to the fact that my feet sweet so bad in dark socks, I often had my wife sew them to white short socks.

ladybrown

I don't mind paying that much a pair for socks if they last. These people make our uniforms which hold up very well for what we do in them. Last batch of socks that I got from Cintas the UPS patch fell off every one of them and there is a hole in the very end of every one of them!! I hate paying good money for a cheaply made product!:mad:

The new socks with the logo embroidered on them, are a much higher quality sock. The ones with the iron on logo were very cheap and poor quality. The new ones are worth the money!

charliebrown11

SLEDGE HAMMER
:peaceful: Walmart has the best prices. Go buy you sum, den tear the logos off ya old nasty socks, get sum cloth glue from Hancock Fabrics, den glue dem thangs on the side uh da new uns, Wham Bam, der it ur.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
To me the fact that we have to pay for the socks is more evidence of our weak union.

When UPS first made shorts an option, we had to pay for them. Our union got involved and was successful in negotiating with the company to make the shorts part of the standard issue uniform, free of charge.

Part of the agreement that was reached was that we would continue to have to pay for our own approved UPS socks if we chose to wear the shorts.

I consider this a huge improvement over what we had when I first started in 1988, which was no shorts at all. Its also an improvement to not have to pay $35 for one pair of shorts. To me, these real improvements are evidence of a strong union rather than a weak one.

soberups

Hey guys. First post. Woo Hoo.

Geez we get threatened with a warning letter for not wearing the logo socks with shorts. Any one else???

All you have to do is tell them that your socks are the official, UPS-approved Cintas brand and that the defective logo fell off.

soberups

:ohmy:Well guys, get crackin'. Your family relies on this to keep food on their table :crying:

Can I be an Industrial Engineering manager now?

All you need to be an I.E. manager....is 8 weeks of the official UPS Special High Intensity Training.

I considered it for myself when I first started here, but lost interest when I found out that my insurance would not pay for the mandatory lobotomy.

soberups

I havent bought socks in years. I just cut the bottoms out of the worn out ones and slip the "anklets" on over a pair of el cheapo white socks. The brown "anklets" are all that is visible over the top of my work boots....I still have some of the original socks from the early 90's with the gold stripe.