UPS speaks to upsers

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Sorry guys, we cannot post non public UPS proprietary info copied from upsers.com on our public forum. That will create legal problems for our site.

Feel free to private message it since that's not putting it on public display.

I suggest that interested members pm you and you can pm it back to them.

stink219

Cheryl, do the same rules apply when people copy and post from other websites such as the IBT or TDU? Or is it because upsers is password protected? Just curious.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Press releases can be copy / pasted. Anything else should be a brief summary and a link to the originating site. More than that and it violates the copyright of the originating site.

Non public info from UPSers.com cannot be pasted on our public forum. That would just be putting a target on this site for UPS legal.

This is what our terms of service says about it:
You may not post copyrighted, proprietary or confidential information on our website. This includes material copied from UPSers.com or UPS internal communications.

Sorry, I know it's annoying but we have to abide by the existing laws.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Anyone want to give a rundown of what was said without copying the post verbatim?

It is pretty innocuous ... I will summarize:

When negotiations resume the Teamsters and UPS will be working towards an agreement that is good for our employees and our customers.
These negotiations should be done between the representatives of the Teamsters and UPS
All UPSers should assure our customers that they can remain confident that an agreement will be reached before the expiration of the current contract.
UPS and the Teamsters will communicate to UPS employees as appropriate.

bbsam

Staff member
Why are you certain that an agreement will be reached? Or is that just something you say to customers?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
A crack in the armor. They know customers are aware of the negotiations they have heard it from Fedex and the Post Office. I look at it as a good sign, an acknowledgement that something is going on and not necessarily good as a result of their initial volley.Maybe it is a sign that they will come to the table with better intentions rather that the stupid offer and insult they started with.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
A crack in the armor. They know customers are aware of the negotiations they have heard it from Fedex and the Post Office. I look at it as a good sign, an acknowledgement that something is going on and not necessarily good as a result of their initial volley.Maybe it is a sign that they will come to the table with better intentions rather that the stupid offer and insult they started with.

I agree. Considering UPSers rarely - if ever - even uses the word 'union' in any official capacity (I've only seen two or three instances of it used on UPS'ers and only in referring to benefits/tuition reimbursement) let alone mention the Teamsters by name. I think they got the message.. but we'll see.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I was never worried about our benefits.
I am worried that all this commotion is just a "slight of hand", designed to divert our attention from the fine print.
When the benefits portion of negotiations is settled to our liking, and it will be, BEWARE!!!!