UPS Special Pension Buyout Offer - December 2016

JERAD THADEN

If you have decided to take the lump sum payment, be sure to check the website to make sure your documents show "complete".
I sent docs in October 7, called three times to confirm receipt and I was told they had been received and uploaded. Just happened to visit website November 21, only to see spousal waiver form said "incomplete".
Called first thing Monday only to be told, the Notary failed to put my spouse's name in at the bottom of the form. Asked them why wasn't I called, rep said they don't have to. It is employee's responsibility to make sure docs are correct. Asked how come when I called no one said anything,rep said error was overlooked. Had to overnight corrected doc to ensure you receive lump sum payment. If I had NOT went on website, never would have known doc was not complete and then I would not have received my lump sum and would have been wondering why.
If you have decided to take the lump sum payment, be sure to check the website to make sure your documents show "complete".
I sent docs in October 7, called three times to confirm receipt and I was told they had been received and uploaded. Just happened to visit website November 21, only to see spousal waiver form said "incomplete".
Called first thing Monday only to be told, the Notary failed to put my spouse's name in at the bottom of the form. Asked them why wasn't I called, rep said they don't have to. It is employee's responsibility to make sure docs are correct. Asked how come when I called no one said anything,rep said error was overlooked. Had to overnight corrected doc to ensure you receive lump sum payment. If I had NOT went on website, never would have known doc was not complete and then I would not have received my lump sum and would have been wondering why.

i wonder if those checks will be cut dec. 31 or a bit sooner...my guess is the bbgrinch cuts them dec. 31

stephieclion

Because they are so robotic when you call! Did you already receive your payment?

stephieclion

I guess the lesson here is to verify all documents are correct before you leave the notary, who is standing in front of you. Take responsibility and understand what needs a signature and where.
I put "sign here" stickers on the form for my husband and the notary since I wasn't going to be there.

From my experience I mailed all my paperwork in. Including copy of martial that was needed. I called them and was told they were waiting on payments to be disbursed. The 10% additional was mentioned in the forms for those who have state income tax. I have it on good authority it is accurate. As for the date it will be very soon~