UPS sponsorships

FAVREFAN

Personally, I think UPS should stop all sponsorship on a national/international basis. I believe this to be a waste of money that could be spent on infrastructure within the company. If they make UPS better they will regain much of the lost respect and business that we have lost in the past few years.
Sponsorships are basically for two purposes, 1) advertisement 2) to pour corporate money (under the guise of advertisement) into an area of interest of the big wigs in the company.
Our big brown monsters are out on the streets everyday in quantities more numerous than all our non-government competitors combined, no one is going to forget we exist. I really doubt that the company gains 1 % of it's revenue in response to sponsorships of any kind. FedEx sponsors in nearly every field UPS does, DHL did too.
In the pure advertisement area, I would think placing ads on various popular shopping websites would be more beneficial dollar for dollar than NASCAR or the Twiddle-Winks National Championship. Giving large discounts to shippers such as Amazon or E-bay wouldn't hurt either.

That's my $0.0002 worth.
no, $0.0002 is not a typo
I agree in part. But not fully. Good post.

dutchups

From the german Porsche-website:
"Als exklusiver Partner und Namensgeber unterstützt das Versand-Dienstleistungsunternehmen das UPS Porsche Juniorteam. In der Saison 2008 sammeln im UPS Porsche Juniorteam mit Marco Holzer (GER) und Martin Ragginger (AUT) 2 junge Talente ihre Erfahrungen mit den GT3 Cup Fahrzeugen im speziellen und unverwechselbaren UPS Design.. Sie starten im Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland und als Gaststarter auch im Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup.

Die beiden Nachwuchstalente setzten sich in einem mehrtägigen Auswahlverfahren gegen etliche Mitbewerber durch. Vertreter von Porsche und UPS sowie Mediziner und Presse-Fachleute nahmen die jungen Piloten intensiv unter die Lupe. Auf dem Plan standen unter anderem körperliche Fitness, das Interview-Verhalten, Schnelligkeit, Gleichmäßigkeit und Fähigkeit, einen Rennwagen abzustimmen.Gemeinsam fördern UPS und Porsche bereits seit 1997 den Rennsportnachwuchs mit Trainings und Praktika rund um den Motorsport. Seitdem fuhr die Mannschaft fünfmal den Gesamtsieg in der Fahrerwertung des Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland ein. Der Meistertitel mit UPS gilt als exzellente Empfehlung für die Aufnahme in den Kreis der Porsche Werksfahrer. Seit langem ist die Kooperation zwischen Porsche und UPS somit eine erfolgreiche Partnerschaft, von der alle Seiten profitieren. Die Junioren sammeln Renn-Erfahrung und stehen UPS und ihren Gästen auf der Rennstrecke und bei anderen Veranstaltungen für Fragen und Antworten und ein paar schnelle Runden zur Verfügung. Eine Partnerschaft, die Mehrwert schafft.

Als größter Express- und Paketzustelldienst der Welt ist UPS gleichzeitig ein führender Anbieter spezialisierter Beförderungs-, Logistik-, Kapital- und E-Commerce-Serviceleistungen. Der Hauptsitz des Unternehmens ist Atlanta im US-Bundesstaat Georgia. UPS bedient weltweit mehr als 200 Länder und Gebiete. Mit Porsche verbindet UPS vor allem Schnelligkeit, Qualität, Service und eine starke Marke."

Dont forget, UPS is a worldwide company and does not anly sponsor in the US....
ups081.jpg
ups082.jpg

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
From the german Porsche-website:
"Als exklusiver Partner und Namensgeber unterstützt das Versand-Dienstleistungsunternehmen das UPS Porsche Juniorteam. In der Saison 2008 sammeln im UPS Porsche Juniorteam mit Marco Holzer (GER) und Martin Ragginger (AUT) 2 junge Talente ihre Erfahrungen mit den GT3 Cup Fahrzeugen im speziellen und unverwechselbaren UPS Design.. Sie starten im Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland und als Gaststarter auch im Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup.

Die beiden Nachwuchstalente setzten sich in einem mehrtägigen Auswahlverfahren gegen etliche Mitbewerber durch. Vertreter von Porsche und UPS sowie Mediziner und Presse-Fachleute nahmen die jungen Piloten intensiv unter die Lupe. Auf dem Plan standen unter anderem körperliche Fitness, das Interview-Verhalten, Schnelligkeit, Gleichmäßigkeit und Fähigkeit, einen Rennwagen abzustimmen.Gemeinsam fördern UPS und Porsche bereits seit 1997 den Rennsportnachwuchs mit Trainings und Praktika rund um den Motorsport. Seitdem fuhr die Mannschaft fünfmal den Gesamtsieg in der Fahrerwertung des Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland ein. Der Meistertitel mit UPS gilt als exzellente Empfehlung für die Aufnahme in den Kreis der Porsche Werksfahrer. Seit langem ist die Kooperation zwischen Porsche und UPS somit eine erfolgreiche Partnerschaft, von der alle Seiten profitieren. Die Junioren sammeln Renn-Erfahrung und stehen UPS und ihren Gästen auf der Rennstrecke und bei anderen Veranstaltungen für Fragen und Antworten und ein paar schnelle Runden zur Verfügung. Eine Partnerschaft, die Mehrwert schafft.

Als größter Express- und Paketzustelldienst der Welt ist UPS gleichzeitig ein führender Anbieter spezialisierter Beförderungs-, Logistik-, Kapital- und E-Commerce-Serviceleistungen. Der Hauptsitz des Unternehmens ist Atlanta im US-Bundesstaat Georgia. UPS bedient weltweit mehr als 200 Länder und Gebiete. Mit Porsche verbindet UPS vor allem Schnelligkeit, Qualität, Service und eine starke Marke."

Dont forget, UPS is a worldwide company and does not anly sponsor in the US....
Thank God Patton & my father & uncles defeated them Krouts, We would never learn that language !!!!

dutchups

OK Covemaster, here is one for you!!!!

(And the greater part of Europe still thanks them togethet with you, and not only because of the language!!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taken from: www.logisticsbusiness.com

UPS named as an Official Sponsor of The PGA European Tour

Global transportation and logistics leader UPS today announced it has been named as the Official Logistics and Express Sponsor of The PGA European Tour, one of the world’s most prestigious professional golf tours.

The four-year global partnership with The European Tour will see UPS sponsor six events each year across Europe and Asia, including The European Tour’s flagship event, the BMW PGA Championship, held at Wentworth Club, Surrey, UK in May 2009. In addition, UPS will provide critical transportation and logistical support for The Tour, which oversees an International Schedule of 53 tournaments spanning more than two dozen countries on five continents.

The agreement is part of UPS’s on-going brand building programme in both Europe and Asia, reflecting the global nature of UPS and the game of golf itself, emphasised by The European Tour’s new Race to Dubai which replaces the Order of Merit for 2009.

“UPS’s association with The PGA European Tour fits uniquely with our global strategy,” said Ron Rogowski, Director of Global Sponsorships, UPS. “The Tour offers UPS an exciting new way to connect with our customers worldwide, further enhancing and expanding our strong brand. Golf players focus on precision and execution, qualities inherent to UPS, too.”

UPS introduced its association with The PGA European Tour last week at the 2008 UBS Hong Kong Open at the Hong Kong Golf Club which was won yesterday by Lin Wen Tang.

“We are delighted to have UPS as our Official Logistics and Express Sponsor and we look forward to working with UPS at events across the world in what is an exciting new era for The European Tour,” said George O’Grady, Chief Executive of The European Tour. “This pairing brings a new level of prestige and pedigree to the game of golf.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

steeltoe

I would like to see us spend our advertisement dollar the best possible way. Back in the 80's, I told everyone, get Jordon. He was not the Michael Jordon we know today, but was on the verge. His image is golden, we dropped the ball there. On the other hand, I think we should go after Tiger Woods and give him what ever it takes. He has the golden image today. FEDEX was very, very smart to sponsor the new FEDEX cup. Heck, Tiger is going to win the thing every year, barring injury, like this year, but everytime he lifts the FEDEX cup, he is advertising for FEDEX. I say, go and get him and his image. What ever it takes.

Put him in some browns, a UPS golf cart, and start making commercials.:happy2:

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I would like to see us spend our advertisement dollar the best possible way. Back in the 80's, I told everyone, get Jordon. He was not the Michael Jordon we know today, but was on the verge. His image is golden, we dropped the ball there. On the other hand, I think we should go after Tiger Woods and give him what ever it takes. He has the golden image today. FEDEX was very, very smart to sponsor the new FEDEX cup. Heck, Tiger is going to win the thing every year, barring injury, like this year, but everytime he lifts the FEDEX cup, he is advertising for FEDEX. I say, go and get him and his image. What ever it takes.

Put him in some browns, a UPS golf cart, and start making commercials.:happy2:

Great idea, maybe we could get him at a very affordable rate since Buick dropped him.

drewed

Shankman
His name would the most expensive thing we'd buy, Nike spent 100mil for it, gatorade spent a pretty penny and Buick dropped him because of cash flow problems. As marketable as it is.....I dont know if its worth the price and even if it is he doesnt transcend globably like Jordan did

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
ok covemaster, here is one for you!!!!

(and the greater part of europe still thanks them togethet with you, and not only because of the language!!)

taken from: www.logisticsbusiness.com

ups named as an official sponsor of the pga european tour

global transportation and logistics leader ups today announced it has been named as the official logistics and express sponsor of the pga european tour, one of the world’s most prestigious professional golf tours.

The four-year global partnership with the european tour will see ups sponsor six events each year across europe and asia, including the european tour’s flagship event, the bmw pga championship, held at wentworth club, surrey, uk in may 2009. In addition, ups will provide critical transportation and logistical support for the tour, which oversees an international schedule of 53 tournaments spanning more than two dozen countries on five continents.

The agreement is part of ups’s on-going brand building programme in both europe and asia, reflecting the global nature of ups and the game of golf itself, emphasised by the european tour’s new race to dubai which replaces the order of merit for 2009.

“ups’s association with the pga european tour fits uniquely with our global strategy,” said ron rogowski, director of global sponsorships, ups. “the tour offers ups an exciting new way to connect with our customers worldwide, further enhancing and expanding our strong brand. Golf players focus on precision and execution, qualities inherent to ups, too.”

ups introduced its association with the pga european tour last week at the 2008 ubs hong kong open at the hong kong golf club which was won yesterday by lin wen tang.

“we are delighted to have ups as our official logistics and express sponsor and we look forward to working with ups at events across the world in what is an exciting new era for the european tour,” said george o’grady, chief executive of the european tour. “this pairing brings a new level of prestige and pedigree to the game of golf.”

your welcome from my father & uncles god bless america !!