UPS Stock is on the rise!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by 728ups, Nov 10, 2014.

1. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

Wow ,it has been steadily rising and closed today $109.05. I like it!
  2. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

It always is this time of year.
  3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Until people don't get their stuff Xmas eve. Then you buy low.
  4. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Someone mentioned joyfully awhile back that the stock was at $ immediately fell to $98.
    So, just watch it, don't talk about it. (fingers in ears singing La, la,la,la,la etc)
  5. jaker

jaker trolling

That's because ups lied so much to people this year
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I sold 200 shares 14 months ago at 88. I'm back to even.
  7. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Must be ORION kicking in.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I bought 526 shares of Apple @ $95/share 4 months ago. It closed at just under $110 today. I am up over $7K so far.
  10. airintrace

airintrace Active Member

UPS is a good stock long term in my opinion. We get it at a 5% discount and its a 2.50% yield. I don't think though we will ever see it split again; although stranger things have happened.
  11. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

Airtrance some REITs and BDC have some huge yields.
  12. airintrace

airintrace Active Member

You are right about that. There are so many more options out there that I like than I have money for. I would invest my whole check every week and eat Ramen noodles if I could. I just love to watch it work for me because we break our backs to earn it.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. UPS4Life

UPS4Life Active Member

I bought Into gopro at 32$ and sold in less than a week at 49$. It was nice taking a profit but it's been up to almost $100. A small gain is still better than any loss in my book though. Buying UPS on the discount as much as I can! Hopefully they don't faze that perk out.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  14. airintrace

airintrace Active Member

It was a real good deal when we got it 10% cheaper; and they purchased it on whatever the cheapest price was at the beginning of the quarter or the end. Now its 5% and you get that on whatever the price was at the end of that quarter. It would also be nice if there was some kind of perk for buying it direct instead of payroll withdrawal other than the low or no cost for a commission fee.
  15. UpstateNYUPSer

A good rule of thumb is to sell when the stock increases in value by at least 50%.
  16. airintrace

airintrace Active Member

That could be a good rule for a lot of investments but I remember when UPS was $25.00 a share and I would have really missed out if I applied that. I also know that apple was at one point about $28 a share and flirted with $700 a share for a while before the split. I'll never forget the day I was sitting across from my adviser ready to spend a few thousand on Apple and he said it wouldn't ever go anywhere. Ugghh
  17. UpstateNYUPSer

There was no way I could afford to or been willing to spend $700/share on any stock. I bought shortly after the 7:1 split. Transferred $50K from my 401K to my SMA and pulled the trigger.

As I recall, UPS was @ $25/share during the IPO but quickly doubled or tripled in value shortly thereafter.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. If you have any money,in the S&P 500. You already own alot of shares of Apple.
    the top 10 holdings,make up over 18% of the S&P 500.
    Apple is the number one holding.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

it fell to $98 upon a less than expected Quarterly Earnings Report,but has rebounded quickly
  20. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

UPS Popular Amongst Latest 13F Filers

Before we proceed, it is important to point out that 13F filings do not tell the whole story, because these funds are only required to disclose their long positions with the SEC, but are not required to disclose their short positions. A fund making a bearish bet against a stock by shorting calls, for example, might also be long some amount of stock as they trade around their overall bearish position. This long component could show up in a 13F filing and everyone might assume the fund is bullish, but this tells only part of the story because the bearish/short side of the position is not seen.