UPS Stock is on the rise!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Someone mentioned joyfully awhile back that the stock was at $104....it immediately fell to $98.
So, just watch it, don't talk about it. (fingers in ears singing La, la,la,la,la etc)

oldngray

nowhere special
bad_day_2.jpg

brown metal coffin

UPS is a good stock long term in my opinion. We get it at a 5% discount and its a 2.50% yield. I don't think though we will ever see it split again; although stranger things have happened.

UPS4Life

I bought Into gopro at 32$ and sold in less than a week at 49$. It was nice taking a profit but it's been up to almost $100. A small gain is still better than any loss in my book though. Buying UPS on the discount as much as I can! Hopefully they don't faze that perk out.

Sent using BrownCafe App

brown metal coffin

It was a real good deal when we got it 10% cheaper; and they purchased it on whatever the cheapest price was at the beginning of the quarter or the end. Now its 5% and you get that on whatever the price was at the end of that quarter. It would also be nice if there was some kind of perk for buying it direct instead of payroll withdrawal other than the low or no cost for a commission fee.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I bought Into gopro at 32$ and sold in less than a week at 49$. It was nice taking a profit but it's been up to almost $100. A small gain is still better than any loss in my book though. Buying UPS on the discount as much as I can! Hopefully they don't faze that perk out.

A good rule of thumb is to sell when the stock increases in value by at least 50%.

brown metal coffin

A good rule of thumb is to sell when the stock increases in value by at least 50%.

That could be a good rule for a lot of investments but I remember when UPS was $25.00 a share and I would have really missed out if I applied that. I also know that apple was at one point about $28 a share and flirted with $700 a share for a while before the split. I'll never forget the day I was sitting across from my adviser ready to spend a few thousand on Apple and he said it wouldn't ever go anywhere. Ugghh

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There was no way I could afford to or been willing to spend $700/share on any stock. I bought shortly after the 7:1 split. Transferred $50K from my 401K to my SMA and pulled the trigger.

As I recall, UPS was @ $25/share during the IPO but quickly doubled or tripled in value shortly thereafter.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Someone mentioned joyfully awhile back that the stock was at $104....it immediately fell to $98.
So, just watch it, don't talk about it. (fingers in ears singing La, la,la,la,la etc)
it fell to $98 upon a less than expected Quarterly Earnings Report,but has rebounded quickly

Returntosender

UPS Popular Amongst Latest 13F Filers

Before we proceed, it is important to point out that 13F filings do not tell the whole story, because these funds are only required to disclose their long positions with the SEC, but are not required to disclose their short positions. A fund making a bearish bet against a stock by shorting calls, for example, might also be long some amount of stock as they trade around their overall bearish position. This long component could show up in a 13F filing and everyone might assume the fund is bullish, but this tells only part of the story because the bearish/short side of the position is not seen.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dividendchannel/2014/11/12/ups-popular-amongst-latest-13f-filers/