UPS Stock is on the rise!

UPS4Life

Say you invest $10,000 once you're down to $9,000 sell because you don't want to lose more than 10%.

Sent using BrownCafe App

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I used to have 2000 shares but I sold them all because I was running out of places to bury my cans of money.
i started auto invest in UPS stock when it first was offered to us. started with $50 a week payroll deduction but quit doing so much when I realized it was too high a percentage to invest after the Enron disaster. so we scaled back.

but it is amazing how fast it accumulates even putting just 20 bucks a week in and reinvesting the dividends to buy additional stock. i still hide money all over the house in case the banks go bad. cash is king in the armageddon. ha.

rod

Retired 22 years
i started auto invest in UPS stock when it first was offered to us. started with $50 a week payroll deduction but quit doing so much when I realized it was too high a percentage to invest after the Enron disaster. so we scaled back.

but it is amazing how fast it accumulates even putting just 20 bucks a week in and reinvesting the dividends to buy additional stock. i still hide money all over the house in case the banks go bad. cash is king in the armageddon. ha.

Apparently a local elder like to hide his money also. The word around here is that when he died a couple of months ago his kids had a real treasure hunt on their hands tearing his house apart. They will never know if they got it all.

Ms.PacMan

There was no way I could afford to or been willing to spend $700/share on any stock. I bought shortly after the 7:1 split. Transferred $50K from my 401K to my SMA and pulled the trigger.

As I recall, UPS was @ $25/share during the IPO but quickly doubled or tripled in value shortly thereafter.
This is not me bashing you but whether a stock is $700 a share or $7 a share, it doesn't matter because a 10% gain is the same either way.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is not me bashing you but whether a stock is $700 a share or $7 a share, it doesn't matter because a 10% gain is the same either way.

I take home roughly $800/week. Pretty hard to justify spending a week's take home for one share of stock.

You ever pull the trigger on selling? That $133 looks like the top.

My financial adviser has suggested that I hang on to my shares and to use their money (dividends) to buy more. Just picked up 4 more shares last week.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I take home roughly $800/week. Pretty hard to justify spending a week's take home for one share of stock.

My financial adviser has suggested that I hang on to my shares and to use their money (dividends) to buy more. Just picked up 4 more shares last week.
That's interesting considering its a company who's market share is dropping. Revenue is dropping. Profits are dropping. And generally hasn't had any true innovation in years.

moreluck

golden ticket member

let's see......hmmm....when you have 76,000 shares and there's a dividend, you times the number of shares by the amount of the dividend and I get........:)