UPS Stock is on the rise!

If anyone here honestly thinks that UPS is a solid dividend stock then you're flat crazy.

Anything under 5% is on the meek side for a dividend. For UPS, their dividend is between 2 and 3%.

Inflation is, historically over the past couple of decades, between 2 and 3%.

You aren't making any money. You are keeping pace with inflation.

Everyone really should reconsider UPS' stock if they are holding for the dividend. Go start up a Charles Schwab or Scottrade account. Get into an office and talk with someone knowledgeable, educate yourself on the market, and liberate yourself from their adulterated attempts to keep you financially dependent. Learn more, earn more, gain control.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
If anyone here honestly thinks that UPS is a solid dividend stock then you're flat crazy.

Anything under 5% is on the meek side for a dividend. For UPS, their dividend is between 2 and 3%.

Inflation is, historically over the past couple of decades, between 2 and 3%.

You aren't making any money. You are keeping pace with inflation.

Everyone really should reconsider UPS' stock if they are holding for the dividend. Go start up a Charles Schwab or Scottrade account. Get into an office and talk with someone knowledgeable, educate yourself on the market, and liberate yourself from their adulterated attempts to keep you financially dependent. Learn more, earn more, gain control.
Vanguard would be the way to go. Extremely low fees. We just put a chunk in their Wellseley account which has been averaging 7-8 % over the last 10 years and is a very conservative fund for retirees. Most of my stocks pay 5% or more in dividends and they pay for my phone, gas, electric , etc. just in theory as I just buy more stock with the dividends. I used to take them in cash for the fun of it but it is better to reinvest and watch the miracle of compounding work for you.

Never keep all your eggs in one basket. Our UPS stock is only about 3% of our total portfolio.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

that's why I intend to die broke. ( on purpose )

Me too.

I plan on helping the kids out when I sell my condo and whenever I can thereafter but there ain't gonna be a dime left over when I pass.

I have a 529 set up for my granddaughter and plan on doing the same for all of my grandchildren. It's only $50/month which should net them at least $10K, not including interest, when it comes time to go to college.