UPS stock price

M

my2cents

Thanks again smf0605. Much appreciated. Changing jobs within a company isn't a "qualifying event" in this case. Something I wasn't aware of.

Johnny b, I don't understand your concerns because your previous query was vague to begin with. I'm glad I responded however, because I was able to learn from smf0605's posts.

In regards to compounding ups79, I would prefer to keep my 401(k) plan under one roof where all the money can be dynamically managed, as opposed to one active account and one frozen account, even though you can still manage the balance. I haven't performed a mathmatical calculation for the example you laid out, although I would think in the long run, the overall account balance would be greater if all funds stayed in one account. Capital gains, co-mingled with new funds via payroll deduction would provide better ongoing momentum I believe, than having one active account that you would have to rebuild and one frozen that you would have to manage.

U

ups79

my2cents: it might be easier to understand. you have $100,000 in one account and $100,000 in a second. if each acccount is paying 6% it would take you 12 years to double your money in both accounts(the rule of 72), thus you would have $400,000 in investments. if you had $200,000 in one account paying 6% it would take you 12 years again to double your money $400,000. i might be wrong again.