UPS Stock

Kounter Klockwize

I know we get a %5 discount and the yield is pretty solid, and there is a $10000.00 is the max to contribute in one full year.
What I would like to know, is can you buy more shares at regular stock cost after contributing $10000.00 max %5 for the year and still have the stock money come out of your check to purchase additional shares?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No I don't think so but SERIOUSLY ... why would you want to?

Don't put that much in UPS.

No one should put more than 10% of their investments in any one stock.

Also, consider how much your pension and retiree insurance is dependent on UPS.

Nothing against UPS but it's just another stock priced at the whim of the market - diversification.

Kounter Klockwize

my investments are pretty diversified. and I have a few bucks of overflow cash at the end of the year. Ups is a very good tool to use as investments. ups and fdx are never going anywhere in my lifetime. ups will make %50 more earned profits in the next 5 years. If it was any other company than ups and fdx I will agree with you on %10 invst on your own company all daylong. ups is a very special company.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
my investments are pretty diversified. and I have a few bucks of overflow cash at the end of the year. Ups is a very good tool to use as investments. ups and fdx are never going anywhere in my lifetime. ups will make %50 more earned profits in the next 5 years. If it was any other company than ups and fdx I will agree with you on %10 invst on your own company all daylong. ups is a very special company.
There is nothing special about UPS as an investment in publicly traded companies.

upsoldtimer

…."UPS is a very special company." You can say that again! Good bet that the dividend will be increased in very near future to get yield back up due to current share price. That is going to be sweet baby!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
IMO yield is not the driving factor. Increased divi amount is the critical aspect!

Let me elaborate. Keeping a yield constant is not the goal. Keeping a yield at say 3% is not enticing to DGI investors. The market can tumble (2009) and the company can slash divi's and still maintain 3%. A DGI investor looks at the company's history of increasing dividends. Companies that increase divi's every year, regardless of market tantrums, are the cream of the crop! Look, the market will always go up (given the proper time frame) but if it goes up at the same rate as inflation it becomes a zero-sum game. When you increase the divi's every year you beat inflation and that's DGI in a nutshell.

If you want more information check out Seeking Alpha!

upsoldtimer

IMO yield is not the driving factor. Increased divi amount is the critical aspect!

Let me elaborate. Keeping a yield constant is not the goal. Keeping a yield at say 3% is not enticing to DGI investors. The market can tumble (2009) and the company can slash divi's and still maintain 3%. A DGI investor looks at the company's history of increasing dividends. Companies that increase divi's every year, regardless of market tantrums, are the cream of the crop! Look, the market will always go up (given the proper time frame) but if it goes up at the same rate as inflation it becomes a zero-sum game. When you increase the divi's every year you beat inflation and that's DGI in a nutshell.

If you want more information check out Seeking Alpha!
Works for me baby.....keep on increasing those dividends!

UPS divys are just fine for me....no wish to pay the 15% capital gains at this point......I roll with what I know baby....
I sold all my UPS in 09-10. It was yielding almost 10% (roi). I rolled it into LVS. Now it's earnig almost 20% roi). But at sometime it's time to sell, after all its just a piece of paper. If you arn't paying taxes, you arn't making any money.

upsoldtimer

I sold all my UPS in 09-10. It was yielding almost 10% (roi). I rolled it into LVS. Now it's earnig almost 20% roi). But at sometime it's time to sell, after all its just a piece of paper. If you arn't paying taxes, you arn't making any money.
Well between my pension and my divys I have a 6 figure retirement income and won't even have to touch the 401K until required by law. That makes me one happy old timer baby....