Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Aug 28, 2014.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

UPS stock is looking a lot better than Fedex right now. Fedex dropped like $1.50 in the first hour of trading today. I wonder if it will continue to fall tomorrow. We were up slightly today. :)
  2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

It's also cheap right now if you look at P/E ratio. Historically it trades at about 22x earnings. That would be $120ish
  3. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Friend of mine turned me onto it and got Jan $10.00 calls for 2.90. Do your own DD, but this thing is fueled up and on the launch pad.
  4. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Damn, I thought this thread was about UPS socks.
  5. Brownslave688

uh as in world wrestling entertainment?
  6. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

7. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Traditional until after Labor Day , most investment houses top dogs are on vacation .
    The stock market is left under the control of the junior mgt teams .
    Starting next Tuesday the really impact begins .
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I think it was 6 months to a year or so ago where the stock lost half of it's value in one day.
  9. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Yes, because of the announcement of going away from a PPV model and to a streaming service subscription. Pay cable tv is a dinosaur that is going away, those that don't adapt, die. The only reason cable TV can continue to charge what they do is from monopolizing markets and live sports. Adults under the age of 30 stream content and get their "TV" from other sources besides the cable companies. $WWE is going this route and companies like Disney and HBO are watching to see how it does.

Like I said, anyone interested in investing should do their own DD, don't take my word on it.
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Their price point of $9.99/month was not chosen randomly. They know that they had to keep it under $10/month with a 6 month minimum.
  11. Brownslave688

It also just came out that many think they are lying about the numbers they expect to achieve.
  12. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Me tooo lol
  13. Upstate,derailed It.:teethy:
  14. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Lotta shorts got a lot of money on the line. I feel a squeeze is in the near future.