UPS Sued

Fragile

time for us old white men to start a new religon

Truth be told you could. Anyone can. I could walk in tomorrow stating that I am no longer shaving because of my religious beliefs. When they ask what religion I converted to you can tell them you started your own and you are required to have facial hair.

What are they going to do?

rod

Retired 22 years
Truth be told you could. Anyone can. I could walk in tomorrow stating that I am no longer shaving because of my religious beliefs. When they ask what religion I converted to you can tell them you started your own and you are required to have facial hair.

What are they going to do?

Spend thousands in court fighting you----are you will to spend thousands to fight them?

JL 0513

Knew this was coming. Never ends. A member of ISIS could be a driver and claim that wearing an explosive vest is part of his religion. And that it may or may not go off in the 20 story building he delivers to. Am I that far off?? If beards can be a religious requirement, so can't anything. Someone could claim a religion doesn't allow clothes as God created us naked. So watch out for the nude package car driver.

Fact of the matter is, beards as part of religion is fabricated by man as is all religious rules.

UPS needs to stand their ground on this issue. If their basic appearance rules conflict with your stupid beliefs, go elsewhere. Hell, FedEx will take your hobo appearance.

Plus, doesn't the religion call for a long beard? Looks like a safety hazard to me. Is it discriminatory to require women to put their hair up?

DOK

Let me tell you how this one ends. Ups will be forced to have clear cut guidelines and procedures on how to obtain religious exemptions for beards and long hair and will have to disclose as such at the time of application for employment. And in the end a few lawyers get more rich, yawn.