ups supervisor

oldngray

nowhere special
work as a supe here for a year and then become a superstar anywhere else. otherwise as your lawyer I suggest you start drinking heavily.
358296.jpg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
im 23 years old and this is my first year i'm not trying to be 30 yrs old and still making under 30k a year..
If you're 23 you'd be making well over that long before you were 30 if you got into driving. I made more than that my first year of driving and probably wasn't even driving six months worth.

ski or die

Ski or Die
To bad this guy is in management. This dude needs a union steward to witness that he is being instructed to sort. How many times has management said something to an hourly than totally deny it. What proof will he have he was working as instructed. Then he will have a grievance on his record showing he does not follow the contract. Probably would not help him much in the future with that black mark on his record.

G

Googler666

UPS HR watch this forum very closely at my hub, so watch what you say if you wanna keep your job lolz

Catatonic

Nine Lives
... who the hell wants to sell their soul and know their whole life is now a lie? Nobody with character or a backbone or a conscious will do it, just the truth boys lol.
Hey you got to pay the bills. Don't knock part-timers who go driving by selling their souls.
Some sell their souls to get away from supervision can see whether they are working or not ... not a terrible reason to sell your soul.
Some want to drive off their route to take lunch ... not much integrity but some sell their soul for that immediate gratification.

Part-timers are the only UPSers with integrity and have not sold their souls.

RolloTony Brown Town

so the full timer keeps telling me to sort, and i've brought it up to him that I shouldn't be not to mention i have to run the sort aisle and the metro shoots are horrible in my area, a manager had all p/t sups sign an agreement form not to sort or do any work a hourly should do. Constantly being watched by union workers who directly tell me to stop... so I'm in between 2 walls

Do as your told. You have very little recourse besides controlling your work area better so you don't have to work. I'm sure there's some stupid reason that your boss wants you to sort. If it was me, make sure your employees know where you stand. Generally that will help with attitude problems. Tell them that you want them to file. If it was me, I'd even visit my manager to express your concerns. Your coordinator won't be pleased but it'll show you have integrity which is more important than jumping chain of command. Particularly if your coordinator is instructing you to do union work.

clean hairy

Of course, there are times a pain in the butt hourly accepts a Supervisor postion, not realizing they are getting promoted to get fired.
The bosses can claim he or she did not do well enough to make seniority in their new position.
And, the poor soul no longer has the Union to go to bat for them.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Are you sure? I could have sworn I signed something that said "By signing below you become Property of UPS INC, Atlanta, GA"
The bosses can claim he or she did not do well enough to make seniority in their new position.
There is no seniority to make in supervision.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Hey you got to pay the bills. Don't knock part-timers who go driving by selling their souls.
Some sell their souls to get away from supervision can see whether they are working or not ... not a terrible reason to sell your soul.
Some want to drive off their route to take lunch ... not much integrity but some sell their soul for that immediate gratification.

Us fulltimers haven't sold our souls, we just go along with their gayazz sillyazz game these idiots like to play everyday, for some dumbaszz reason. I can play Hollywood all day long DADDY-O, just like being married HOMEBOY lol

chargerlou

Kinda off subject in my book a supervisor is a supervisor regardless of part time or full time status I always respect a sup regardless of their status