ups supervisor

F

FrigidAdCorrector

They told us yesterday they were hiring 9 PT Supervisors in a neighboring HUB.
If I was in a hub no way I'd go into management. Benefit of being in a small center is I'm the only sup there during the sort. Don't have to work with other sups. Just run my sort and that's that. I would rather be held accountable for everything that happens than have to worry about another sup being stupid screwing it all up for me.

Be interested to see if OP got a chewing for posting on here. Or if he is still employed....

watdaflock?

You're a 40+ year old who makes what...12/hr and posts like a anti-union, anti-Teamster jack ass.
Partly correct.
I am a 40+ yo who is anti-union and anti-teamster. I believe being a better/harder/smarter worker should have benefits.
Unfortunately in your ignorant state of mind that makes me a jack ass.

If you had more intelligence to go along with being such a great worker (like you brag about on here) you'd understand how the union limits your opportunities.

Everything is seniority based with unions, skill or ability does not matter. You can't argue with those facts.

watdaflock?

To add: In certain instances being part of a union has its benefits. It does not mean I have to be pro-union.

Union representation is much stronger and supportive in different locations. If it was equal everywhere I wonder what UPS would be like.

PT Car Washer

Partly correct.
I am a 40+ yo who is anti-union and anti-teamster. I believe being a better/harder/smarter worker should have benefits.

If you had more intelligence to go along with being such a great worker (like you brag about on here) you'd understand how the union limits your opportunities.

Everything is seniority based with unions, skill or ability does not matter. You can't argue with those facts.
Please feel free to work somewhere else where they will reward your hard work and intelligence. Don't let the excuse of a Union job hold you back.

BrownTexas

Partly correct.

Other places also promote based off of who you know. And who kisses ass the most. I'm glad I work for a union where I don't have to worry about my promotion going to someone's friend's kid who needs a job. While I do believe it does promote mediocrity, I have come to enjoy that when the harder worker runs his ass off and complains about getting sent back out.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Partly correct.

You believe being a better smarter harder should have its benefits. Speaking of benefits how are yours? Also how's that retirement age going for you? You work at a big company where YOU Dont matter and can be replaced just as easy as one of us stupid lazy union drivers. So go on smart guy, put in those extra hours on your salary, answer e mails and you cell phone at home. Get transfered
No doubt about it. A secondary non-union job while at UPS is a benefit.

Glad someone agrees with me. Thanks.
With so many high paid non union jobs out there you should be rich!!! So get out there go the extra mile show up an hour early leave an hour late unpaid!!! Its worth it! Your hard work is appreciated. It might not be compensated or rewarded and in fact when you start making a livable wage you will probably be fired because you will most likely be at an at will company. But hey we appreciate the hard work!

watdaflock?

With so many high paid non union jobs out there you should be rich!!! So get out there go the extra mile show up an hour early leave an hour late unpaid!!! Its worth it! Your hard work is appreciated. It might not be compensated or rewarded and in fact when you start making a livable wage you will probably be fired because you will most likely be at an at will company. But hey we appreciate the hard work!

Obviously you've never worked anywhere with an opportunity of advancement.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Obviously you've never worked anywhere with an opportunity of advancement.
Obviously you have a hard time with sarcasm and reading comprehension. I didn't say its not possible I said its not worth it. To make 100k or more at a non union job means you work 24/7. Your the first employee there and the last one to leave. You are on call 24/7 and on your two weeks a year vacation could get called back into work. And I'm not sure if your aware what has happened after the latest economic crash but people with your attitude are failing. People took pay cuts while doing the jobs of three people. And that hasn't gone anywhere and its not going to go anywhere. Try hards like you are too stupid to realize you are just another cog in the corporate machine. Just as easily replaceable as every one of us. The only difference is you will work harder to make equal money while enjoying less vacations less benefits and no overtime pay. All because your anti union and "better than us". Lol. I would be jealous and anti union if I made the wrong career choice at ups too.

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
image.jpg