Ups survivor guide!!!

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
I absolutely love the parts about working through lunch/breaks. I might use one of the entries as one of my favorite quotes. Those should be passed out to each and every driver, full-time and part-time, at each and every center.

I know he mails it to all 340 teamsters every couple of years. Very sound advice, for new and veteran drivers. I'm surprised it hasn't been passed to other locals by now.

A

anonymous6

Excellent I enjoyed reading this

Yes, this is excellent and i have bookmarked it for reference.

May I suggest once again a book that has helped me tremendously?

"Discovering The Laws Of Life" by John Templeton

You can get it on Amazon ( one of our best customers for a PENNY.

OP

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
A very good letter. I think I will print it out and take it with me to work and hand it out.
I used to skip my lunches and breaks, a while ago, not recently. And it got me more work. Except one day as I had family personal things going on, did not want to dump my load but needed to get home. So I got done in 10.5 and shaved off a good part of my lunch. I was 1.78 late. LOL with 127 stops 75% commercial. I ran my arse off. Im not 30, Im not the fastest, but I did the best I could do. I got reemed so bad. Going to take my truck away as I dont deserve it. Mind that it has not had a time study in eons. Been there 18 yrs, not time studied. He told me I had to fix it, I told him the numbers are wrong, he told me we have to live by them. I told him No you have to live by them. I have asked for a ride, and if I am the problem I shoud be fired, if the route or the dispatch is then fix that. Til then get off my butt. I told him to pull my records and show me where I slept for 1.78. They cannot. It does not matter what is in my truck it is an 8.2 day, it just takes me 10 or 11. Its crap. 127 at peak I was forced to take a helper,and commercial was removed. Now 127 is the mid range. I have 53 hours this week and last.
I noticed last night that people who were at the pumps were clocked off sooner than I. So I take the brunt, coz they punched off, enroute. This is sad that guys with kids are so intimidated that they are giving up family time like they dont deserve what they make. I just ask, did you screw off somewhere to give away that time? They wont admit they cant take the harrassment any longer. So I will take it for them. I am tooner and I took all my breaks, I might have arranged, cleaned or somehow otherwise organized the truck, but I drank my coffee while I did it. And I know I give 100% while they may not agree, they wont come see so ....................Im getting paid for every minute I am there. I would gladly be somewhere else at 8pm, that is their call.
And yes I have spoken to the union, and will continue to.

Bristol Brown

I absolutely love the parts about working through lunch/breaks. I might use one of the entries as one of my favorite quotes. Those should be passed out to each and every driver, full-time and part-time, at each and every center.

Yes do that and you can be sure that the dip:censored2:s that work their lunch breaks will continue to do so because they are dip:censored2:s.

Managers and Sups love drivers who work their lunch breaks although on the record they will say everyone should take their lunchbreaks.

upsmuzakphreek

Just give the coyote more rockets
https://web.archive.org/web/2013102...rslocal340.org/graphics/UPSsurviors-guide.pdf

This is not a UPS contract in any way! The title speaks for itself...It was written by, I believe, a Shop Steward out of the 340. ENJOY!!! ~:->>>
I know this is an old thread and it is something that everyone ought to have already read but i just wanted to thank Robert P and the rest of the Local 340 for producing this. I read it the first week I started local sort for the company and while I did not connect to much of what was written in it, I knew it was important so I saved it. When I became an air driver, I read it again and it made more sense. Now 8 years later and 3 years on road, it is on my phone so I can read over it in times of uncertainty or doubt.
Thanks and sorry for bumping an old post