Ups systems failure

DS

Fenderbender
Was anyone else affected by this? Apparently on Feb 15 they experienced a technical outage due to a catastrophic mainframe storage hardware device failure in the New Jersey data center.Our hub was down almost 12,000 pkgs today and as a result many routes were cut. I opted to go home and let some other poor shmuck deal with what looked to me to be a recipe for disaster.My max is around 80 stops and my car had about 130 in it this morning.Screw that.
There's more info about it on upsers.com if anyone wants to read about it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have a couple of pickup customers who use ups.com to ship who were unable to process their packages. I also have two smart pickups that did not update as to whether they had packages going out or not. We only got a few of our paychecks this morning--thank goodness for paperless direct deposit. Our dispatches were not affected.

Everyonce in a while at about 1100 pm in my beadroom with the lights off two minutes into it a system failure takes place. Was it on upser.com?? I heard it happens to the best of us. Oh well I'll do better next time.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Everyonce in a while at about 1100 pm in my beadroom with the lights off two minutes into it a system failure takes place. Was it on upser.com?? I heard it happens to the best of us. Oh well I'll do better next time.

At least your wife didn't notice?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Certainly affected my dispatch ... 20 hours plus yesterday.
Everything's back up and running now.

Some people had been up for over 36 hours this afternoon. I'm too old for that.

Paycheck

Would the system failure have anything to do with the mess in Louisville on Valentine's day, or the heavy volume yesterday? Seems like all week has been a mess. I know normally things never go as planned but this week have been pretty crazy.

Would the system failure have anything to do with the mess in Louisville on Valentine's day, or the heavy volume yesterday? Seems like all week has been a mess. I know normally things never go as planned but this week have been pretty crazy.
No I'm pretty sure it was just logistics.

bumped

Failure to prepare for the unxpected.

No affect yet other than customers complaining how slow the system was yesterday.

I

IslandGirl

UPS?..prepare for the unexpected??...ha ha ha ha ha ha...
.... prepare for the avalanche....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I did something I have never done, I told them to bring me help, or I was dumping the load. I cant do another 11 or 12 hr day. I had 40 left at 7. Im not in bad shape but 40 left t 7 means another 9 pm night.
i was sick, puking and not safe to be on the road.
sorry guys I ruined your night, the guys that helped me are 20 yrs my jumior, and they were sweet.
I got to have a real meal for the first time in 3 days. And I almost feel like I may go in tomorrow.