UPS/Teamster 401k...Prudential to a Dreyfus self managed account...+22.86% for 2012

brownboyups

Re: UPS/Teamster 401k...Prudential to a Dreyfus self managed account...+22.86% for 20

99% sure i'm going to sell 1647 shares of ECT monday 3-4-12...all my shares and buy more RNO
after reading the
conference call again i see nothing but positive news in the future for this company and coal
there giving a .45 cent dividend and business is kinda slow...a lot of upside if the country picks up
i own 805 shares...looking to buy 2071 more shares
2876 gets me a price of $28.76 every point the stock goes up or down
2876 shares = $1,294 per quarter and $5,176.80 per year

brownboyups

Re: UPS/Teamster 401k...Prudential to a Dreyfus self managed account...+22.86% for 20

BMWMC...please do not comment anymore to this thread...u have made your point...at this point u are adding nothing
i will contact the moderators and try to get you stopped
there are plenty of other threads you can add to

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

This was a very long response to bmwmc's last post that basically did nothing but further hijack this thread. I coppied it and sent it to him via pm. I edited it to save you all from being tortured by reading it.

Last edited:

Benben

HOSPITALITY PROPERTIES TRUST
(HPT) passes my earnings test...dividends going back up
on my
watch list

I almost pulled the trigger on this one last year around October, back when it had just made 2 purchases from Hilton I think it was. I live in the midwest and I know everything starts on the coasts and moves inward but I felt the economy needed to pick up more before everyone gets back to vacationing like they did before 2008. I think if the economy keeps growing that 1 will be a damn fine addition to a portifolio. I found anything new since adding RNO but other than Tues. I haven't had any time for anything other than playing catch-up ball at work from the damn snow.

1/1/2013 - 3/1/2013 (Q12013)

401K up 6.26%
Merril Edge up 7.92%
DESPP up 13.23%

11.82% in 1 quarter!?! Good lord, barring a really bad beat, your 2013 is going to be nothing short of god like!

Last edited:

brownboyups

Enterprise Products Partners LP...natural gas..(EPD)...A+++...need a 1k correction to buy cheaper

monday 3-4-12
selling 317 shares of my holdings of SDRL (sea drill) $11,729...like the company but missed earnings badly...walking away even
selling 1647 shares of ECT $28,904...walking away up +1,700

$40,633 to buy with
looking to add to my position to RNO

the market rising some 1000 points since the 1st of the year is making me look good
dividend stocks got hammered before the 1st because of the tax changes to dividends...people thought 39% was coming...ended up going to 20%
got in at the right time then they began being bought back just before i got back in...a little lucky there
+22.86% 2012 because i made 2 almost all in pays that payed off with NYCB
2013 didn't want to do the all in thing even though i would be up a lot more

Benben

Looking at Google finance, Fri RNO hit 13.52. Where ya gonna set your entry point? I think with the economy will keep growing and thus the need for their coal for electricty and steel/coke production is only going to rise. I like this play alot.

brownboyups

Looking at Google finance, Fri RNO hit 13.52. Where ya gonna set your entry point? I think with the economy will keep growing and thus the need for their coal for electricty and steel/coke production is only going to rise. I like this play alot.

friday i bought 285 shares of RNO at $13.69...i check my phone every 5 minutes when the market is open...i don't set limi
ts
i trade by feel...to me the lowest price doesn't matter as long as i'm getting a stock a low price
can buy/sell on my iPhone thru my 401k
$13.93 is a very good price for RNO (think u got it for around that)...RNO will rise when the ex date comes around
demand for coal is low right now because of the economy...i'll take .45 cents until things pick up

like the last 2 conference calls...not reading panic or sky is falling...just a product electric companies need

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Dont have the time. Set it and forget it.

Benben

I got in at 13.93 but that day it had fallen to as low as 13.72. Merril Lynch has an app I can trade on with my phone but other than lunch I never have time during the day to closely follow the market. I do have an app that I can launch when waiting for a COD check or my favorite, "let me go find someone who can sign for you," that gives market updates on specific stocks I choose to follow.

I still have a bit of reserve cash in the broker account I was holding back to buy TWO if it would stop being so sky-high. If RNO drops much more I think TWO can wait. RNO is 2 months away from the next run up to divi so I hope it'll get juicer.

I absolutely admire you for having the balls to take control of your 401K's investments. I contacted them and even have the paperwork sitting on my desk to convert moneys from the 401K into the self adminstered broker account. I just don't trust myself enough to pull the trigger. I made a little over 13% last year in the Pru401K. Maybe in another year or so? I think my first step is going to pull the available shares from my DESPP and put them into the Merril Edge account but then again the gains in the DESPP was even higher than my 401K. I still have so much to learn and I treat the 401K as my family's insurance policy.

brownboyups

401k (141k) and scottrade account (26.5k)...$167,500
i treat both accounts as i'm the CEO of an $167,500 corporation (which i am)
i have made mistakes and have lost thousands but my winners have bailed me out (that's part of it)
i am trying to get to 200k by the end of the year 2013
end goal...10k per month in dividends (20 year to horizon)...will be 67 and want an apartment in Hawaii (before 67)
thanks for the kind words (admire)...i have no problem buying and selling large amounts of money (A LOT of people do)

Monday i sold SDRL and ECT and $40,500 went into my cash account
today i bought 2902 shares of RNO @$13.82 = $40,105
total shares of RNO 3707
every point RNO goes up or down is $37.07
3707 RNO shares = $1,668.15 per quarter dividend...= $6,672.60 per year
when i bought RNO back in November for $13.93 it dropped into the $12's then when up past $16+ before the ex date
hoping for the same again

brownboyups

RNO 3-4-13...hung around $13.72 to $14.00 monday...then at the VERY end of the day dropped to $13.60
i know because of the every 5 minute rule

when a stock goes down i like to know if it was the only one in the sector or did all stocks in the sector go down

Coal Stocks Index (*COALS) at tickerspy.com

most of the coal sector went down today

Benben

Yeah I saw. Even bought another 40 shares after market close when I got home and had a chance to see if there was any news released today about RNO...gotta love Merrill Edge. Cost basis for my possition in RNO is now 13.78. My war fund for a pull back in TWO, DHF or CYS got cut in half.

Wichita weather finally broke. We actually cleared out the building today. Sheeting packages EC day after day literally made me sick to the stomach last week. Our customers were getting pissed and drivers were frustrated to say the least. Its hard to bust your ass all year to always get your customer his/her packages just to have a freak storm (or 2 back-to-back) keep you from clearing out EDD day after day. These last 2 weeks I realized exactly how glad I am not the OMS in our building.

Benben

Ok Brownboy got one for you to look at. AI, Arlington Asset. My Calculations has this one at a BV of $35 yet trades at $26 and change currently, with an EPS of $15.11. Somehow my math doesn't add up. Has a beta of 1.79 which worries me! Should go ex-Div next week but board hasn't announced yet (13%+ yield.) Is a DGI stock for the last 4 years. It had an insane last quarter but some was from deffered tax assets, it does trade in the MBS arena so is affected by QE3.

I am still watching NYMT. I think that was one of your holdings also. It is damn hard to pull the trigger on anything with this market at record highs.

On a different note.....Hows the weather? Not to rub it in or anything but I'll be in shorts tomorrow.

brownboyups

bought AI on november 28th, 2012 for $21.15...up +26%...in the 1st thread...got down to $20.44 and i didn't buy more (was tapped out of capitol)
yes almost everything is too high and looks like its going higher a little bit more
won't have more capitol until end of May ($3,500) in dividends

DGI on a run for sure

28 degrees here today...1 or 3 inches of snow after 4pm...be a long time before shorts go on here

debt ceiling in May is about the only thing out there that could send stocks tumbling

brownboyups

RNO...opened at $14.17...then fell to a low of $13.80...closed $13.92...seconds before the marked closed got up to $14.03 the collapsed

real movement probably won't happen until the dividend is announced and gets closer to the ex date

brownboyups

NMFC...interesting...looking into them

brownboyups

CPLP...spec play...cheap with steady dividend