UPS, Teamsters Agree on New Five-Year Contracts

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
New Accords Cover Small Package and Freight Groups

UPS (NYSE: UPS) today announced that it has reached a tentative agreement with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (Teamsters) on two, new five-year contracts in the small package and freight business units. The tentative contracts, which must be presented to the UPS Teamster-represented employees for ratification, were concluded well in advance of the July 31, 2013, expiration of the current contracts.

"These agreements are a 'win-win-win' for our people, customers and shareholders," said Scott Davis, UPS chairman and CEO. "The fact that we have reached agreements well before our current contracts expire is a testament to the skills and determination of all those involved in these negotiations."

The new contracts enable UPS to remain highly competitive, customer-focused, and positioned to deliver transformative technologies in such areas as healthcare logistics and e-commerce on a global scale.

Upon ratification, the new agreements will take effect on August 1, 2013.

So Cal UPSer

Any idea how the new contract will affect us retirees? The new $495 per month for our healthcare benefits for those of us that are retired is already a major slap in the face!

steamroll

Is Scott Davis take a cut in his bonus to make a win - win for the part timers, combos and drivers and any added or improved language for the full time combos?

Just love how they say the Teamsters & Ups have agreed on a new contract when we the workers there haven't even said yes to it yet!

Dang straight! Vote no and see what happens, This is like taxation without representation. The threat of a strike is FAR from over. Agreed contract without a vote (yet). Profits are up and were the only ones to blame. lol :knockedout:

P700slave

Well lets hope that we won't have to pay for our benefits

I sure would, but the OR is never based on real truth. Its always skewed in the companies favor. I have been through several time studies where Im running under for several months after the study is complete only to see it evaporate to +.70 within a year. UPS will never be truthful about the OR.

twoweeled

"These agreements are a 'win-win-win' for our people, customers and shareholders," said Scott Davis, UPS chairman and CEO.

If that isn't proof that we lost, I don't know what is! This contract is not good for us.

Thms

Dang straight! Vote no and see what happens, This is like taxation without representation. The threat of a strike is FAR from over. Agreed contract without a vote (yet). Profits are up and were the only ones to blame. lol :knockedout:
thats because they are banking on the fact that we dont have the backbone to go out. my local was one of the only locals that actually voted no on the last contract but it didnt manner because what other areas voted