UPS- Teamsters relationship shifting favorably towards....

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Interestingly enough, one of the on-road sups in my center told me that IE removed the extra time allowance for over 70s in the special counts section about a month ago.

I also heard that from an on road about 5-6 months ago.
Anybody know if this is true?

UPS is ran from false numbers, I'm not surprised by this. Whats the use in pulling up an extra screen and recording that you had to pull out your hand truck or get a customer to help you with an 0/70 then?

SWORDFISH

Interestingly enough, one of the on-road sups in my center told me that IE removed the extra time allowance for over 70s in the special counts section about a month ago.

I also heard that from an on road about 5-6 months ago.
Anybody know if this is true?

The only true way to know is to put that you Delivered 300 over 70s and see how your #s come out the next day. Thats a good idea. I will have one of the guys that is going to retire do that. Im curious now.

SWORDFISH

I didn't get fired.

Bottom line though, is that they are looking at everything and for anything. And I've been told I can expect my package car to be audited for over 70s in the morning before I leave. Of course they tried to get me to sign some paperwork about the mileage discrepancy, but I told them the only thing I'd do with that document is wipe my ass. My center manager didn't like my response, but that's nothing new...

So now when I have any package that is an over 70 or remotely close to being an over 70 (we all know not every over 70 pkg is properly marked as an over 70), I will send an ODS message and ask for hourly assistance with the package. That way, there are another set of eyes on the package to verify that I am not a liar, and that there is a reduced risk of me being injured.

Interestingly enough, one of the on-road sups in my center told me that IE removed the extra time allowance for over 70s in the special counts section about a month ago. So basically, whether I put down 100 or 0, it doesn't have an effect on the numbers... so how can one insinuate that I am falsifying records to improve their numbers, when the records that I in theory would be falsifying, have zero effect on their numbers?!?!?

I understand what your saying its rediculous. We had a guy get a warning letter last week for changing his start time to 853am instead of putting 850am. Hes a rookie and he was just trying to show on his time card he was late. It was one of many very stupid letters I have seen. Seems to be like this everywhere. Like people have been saying alot lately supervisors have to prove their relevance anyway possible.