Ups testing delivering ground on saturdays

browncowboy

Correct but the contract is up soon.
Yes, and change is always hard. 5 day work weeks will not be compromised. Those that do want to work Tuesday thru Saturday can. Look at the potential of now having to hire more full time jobs. This will be immediate, contract has had this language since 1990. In larger areas this will be the future. That's the reason for this in So.Cal first. Seniority will still apply. Even if you have a Monday thru Friday route. You could have Monday's off for months and then go right back to Monday's. Let's say Football season, or Kids school functions. So let's let the local work out the issues and know they have our best interest in mind.

HardknocksUPSer

Can anyone tell me if preloaders have been working 6 days a week or 5? Any different schedules in those areas around the country testing the 6 day thing? Thanks.

Nickfury7

Yes I have read the full post. I am an Art 22 Air driver. And saturday is a 11 hour day for me as I do the air pickups on saturday. I am wondering if I am still going to be delivering Eams and NDAs on saturdays and doing my normal pickups.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
It maybe in high volume areas just a ruse to get extra volume out on the weekend to. Just a way to go around the contract.