Ups testing delivering ground on saturdays

ManInBrown

They will probably be able to follow their work, or bump, just like when routes went satellite.
What if a route is re-bid and the current bid driver who has the route doesn't win the re-bid? Someone with more seniority who is a cover driver, decides time for me to get my own route. That's going to go over great. LOL. I don't see how they can do it. Maybe in a local where routes are re-bid every year anyway sure. But not like somewhere where I am. I don't see how that would be possible. They would have a mutiny on there hands.

I know a couple bid drivers including myself would probably lose their route if they were re-bid to a driver with more seniority. I know when I won the bid on my route a few cover drivers with more seniority didn't bid then, but would definitely bid now if put back up.

upschuck

What if a route is re-bid and the current bid driver who has the route doesn't win the re-bid? Someone with more seniority who is a cover driver, decides time for me to get my own route. That's going to go over great. LOL. I don't see how they can do it. Maybe in a local where routes are re-bid every year anyway sure. But not like somewhere where I am. I don't see how that would be possible. They would have a mutiny on there hands.

I know a couple bid drivers including myself would probably lose their route if they were re-bid to a driver with more seniority. I know when I won the bid on my route a few cover drivers with more seniority didn't bid then, but would definitely bid now if put back up.
They will only rebid, if the current driver does not want the bid, and exercises their right to bump to another route. The bidding on their current route would not be necessary, if the driver wants to move to the alternate schedule.

ManInBrown

They will only rebid, if the current driver does not want the bid, and exercises their right to bump to another route. The bidding on their current route would not be necessary, if the driver wants to move to the alternate schedule.
So let me get this straight just so I understand you. If they come to me and they say "Your route is now Tuesday thru Saturday. Do you want it?" I say no way in :censored3:Then it's re-bid. Is that correct? I agree to work T-S, I keep it.

I don't even see how they can do that in my local. No way in :censored3:am I agreeing to work T-S. But I'm also not agreeing to give my route up. I just don't see it. Again, in a local where routes are re-bid yearly I can see it. Not where I am.

upschuck

So let me get this straight just so I understand you. If they come to me and they say "Your route is now Tuesday thru Saturday. Do you want it?" I say no way in :censored3:Then it's re-bid. Is that correct? I agree to work T-S, I keep it.
That should be the way it works.

Keenj

Wouldn't bother me any. I have maybe 5 or less DOT hours by the time I punch out on Friday night.

What are they gonna do, make me come in to work 3 of those and pay me OT for 8?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
So you think they will re-bid routes that FT seniority bid drivers are already occupying? How's that going to go over? They can't yank a route out from underneath a bid driver, and re-bid it.

We don't re-bid yearly here. The route is yours until you retire, bid a different route, or go feeders.
Ours are every 3 years. I don't see them doing this without violating the NMA or supplements in any way.

I think they'll have to do a classification bid. T-S.

By The Book

I don't even see how they can do that in my local. No way in :censored3:am I agreeing to work T-S. But I'm also not agreeing to give my route up. I just don't see it. Again, in a local where routes are re-bid yearly I can see it. Not where I am.
In some supplements there's language that says a driver with a seniority date before 8/1/2008 can't be forced onto a t-s workweek. I think when and if this delivering on Saturdays becomes the norm it will only be a delivery day,(no regular daily p/ups). I also think due to the very strong article 40 air language the part time air drivers will continue to deliver the next day air.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In some supplements there's language that says a driver with a seniority date before 8/1/2008 can't be forced onto a t-s workweek. I think when and if this delivering on Saturdays becomes the norm it will only be a delivery day,(no regular daily p/ups). I also think due to the very strong article 40 air language the part time air drivers will continue to deliver the next day air.

There will be sweeps of bulk retail pickups.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
There will be pick ups for accounts that want a Saturday pick up and pay for it.

upschuck

If done properly, retail, and residentials done Sat, advance loads on Monday, making Monday and Tuesday light. Would help a great deal during the holiday rush.