UPS The Awful Truth

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Your memory is fine.
On Feb 11, 2000, Arbitrator George Nicolau ruled UPS in violation of Art 22.3 for failing to create 2000 full time jobs from Aug 1, '97 - July 31, '98. The award ("First Year Agreement")included a make whole remedy with back pay from awarded bid to Aug 1, '98, with back dated seniority.
On Mar 10, 2000 the same arbitrator issued the "Second Year Agreement" award (ordering an additional 2000 ft jobs created) with make whole remedy commencing on Aug 1 '99 to awarded bid date.
Case # AAA 13 300 1908 98
Oh, so 4000 jobs were created?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Oh, so 4000 jobs were created?
Laugh it up buddy... Something had to be scammed to pay for your bloated retirement ....you should be thanking us for taking one for the "team"...and how do you repay us, by torturing us everyday on here...and by driving around a pos kia...I mean come on where's the famous ups manager bmw status symbol????

Laugh it up buddy... Something had to be scammed to pay for your bloated retirement ....you should be thanking us for taking one for the "team"...and how do you repay us, by torturing us everyday on here...and by driving around a pos kia...I mean come on where's the famous ups manager bmw status symbol????
Don't hate the player.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So does anyone actually know if the 10000 jobs were breathed or not ... Then they were moving them around who knows what happen.... Why can't the union just sue over the "lost" jobs...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Thank you!

My Toyota Highlander has 248,000 miles and my Kia has 155,000 and never had a repair I had to pay for on either.

I never got into German cars ... too much and many expensive repairs.

I never followed UPS norms any more than I did Teamster norms as a driver.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So does anyone actually know if the 10000 jobs were breathed or not ... Then they were moving them around who knows what happen.... Why can't the union just sue over the "lost" jobs...
That contract is long gone and UPS's shuffling made it impossible to figure out anyway.

10 point

Hope he doesn't come around much!

More irritated I imagine!
Enough dealing with your job without some goon comedian showing up unannounced.
Who allowed the impromptu interview with cameras? That's just plain stupidity.
Norman has anger issues. Evidently not fit for the marble palace scene of martini lunch with crumpets.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Who allowed the impromptu interview with cameras? That's just plain stupidity.
Norman has anger issues. Evidently not fit for the marble palace scene of martini lunch with crumpets.
he doesn't even work here anymore... He's a VP at another company probably making double what he was making at this joint...laughing all the way to the bank..