UPS to divert hurricane affected flights to Louisville

Discussion in 'The Latest UPS Headlines' started by cheryl, Oct 30, 2012.

1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

UPS to divert hurricane affected flights to Louisville - Business First

The company has shut down the Monday night and Tuesday package sorts at its Philadelphia Air Hub, said Jeff Wafford, public relations supervisor at Louisville-based UPS Airlines. Because of that, inbound flights from Europe, which normally would land at the Philadelphia Air Hub, are landing in Louisville.

Further, the company has canceled flights from Louisville to New York; Baltimore; Dulles, Va.; Newark, N.J.; and Harrisburg, Pa.

Wafford said UPS’s meteorology department is continuing to look at conditions, monitoring radar and trying to determine how the Category 1 storm will impact company assets, customer property and employee safety.

2. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

See what's first???

3. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

And I am suprised.

4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Worldport must be at capacity as our air didn't land until noon. 400 pieces.

5. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

What airport do you get your air in/out of?

6. UpstateNYUPSer

PBG

7. Monkey Butt

I remember flying into there for a visit to a JC Penney (I think) distribution center.
    That is one long runway - ex-SAC base?

8. UpstateNYUPSer

Yes. At one time it was the third alternate landing site for the space shuttle. I don't think it was JC Penney as the closest distribution is in Connecticut.

9. Monkey Butt

I remember now ... it was a cross-border cartage and mass-custom's clearance project and the facilities were in the US and one of the customers was outside Montreal.

Too many projects in too many places ... it all blends together after a while.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

Transborder?

11. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Is it a direct shot, or is it sorted in SYR before and then puddlejumped up with the Potsdam air? I remember a very large shipment for one stop headed for your center at SYR, once.