UPS to pay $25 million for false delivery claims

Catatonic

Nine Lives
For perspective, This $25M fine is equivalent to paying 300 top rate drivers a whole year (although not counting benefits). Or 6 medium centers worth. Imagine how many part timer hours that is! It really stings when you look at it that way.
or comparison.

For perspective, it is like $10 out of your pocket.

bellesmom

"When notified of this issue, UPS focused to improve training, systems and technology to better serve our customers."

If only UPS had a lower tier of drivers available to drive for a few hours just to get the air packages off on time in addition to working their scheduled part time shift. Nah, that would never work. We better increase our PCM times so the drivers get out later and have less time to deliver the air.

The sad thing, I don't even get upset about this :censored2: anymore. I just laugh and it's an earnest laugh. :censored2:ing UPS... Giving me the best bar stories but no one to drink with.

There were jobs that just did air delivery called Combo 22.3s. Combo employees worked 4 hours in the hub then delivered air or EAM delivery then hub until their jobs were dissolved.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
yea for something this scale it's hard to blame the drivers. I'm sure management was behind it. it sounds systematic
I agree, but most of the leaders that presided over this system have already taken their millions and run. The $25 million should be clawed back from anyone that received stock options in the past 10 years. There should be accountability that goes along with those big paychecks.

10 point

I agree, but most of the leaders that presided over this system have already taken their millions and run. The $25 million should be clawed back from anyone that received stock options in the past 10 years. There should be accountability that goes along with those big paychecks.
They said they weren't at fault. It's those dang rogue drivers.
We'll show em. You're fired.
We should have realized that honesty and integrity are the foundations of our management's work ethics.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
ha hahahahaha

okay

corrupt corporate america and accountability. you really hurt my sides with that one.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Take half of their pensions and put it into the Central States plan.
That'll show em.

upload_2015-5-21_6-46-49.jpeg