UPS to Reinstate Years of Service and Retirement Gifts

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Anyone heard about UPS is going to reinstate Years of Service gift award for the 25th year?

Also heard they were going to reinstate the Retirement gift award.

I heard no other gifts were going to be resumed including years of safe driving (Circle of Honor)

over9five

Staff member
Why bother? Everyone is finally used to the idea that the company [-]is too cheap[/-] no longer gives out these awards. Why go back now?

rod

Retired 22 years
Anyone heard about UPS is going to reinstate Years of Service gift award for the 25th year?

I heard no other gifts were going to be resumed including years of safe driving (Circle of Honor)

What the heck is a retirement gift award? As far as I know (at least at my old center) there has never been even a "thank you for your years of service" announcement at the a. m.

Tony31yrs

Retirement gifts? I retired in 2006 and didn't get cake, donuts or anything else. If one of the other drivers didn't mention it was my last day, at the am meeting, no one would have known. They did lighten me up a bit so that I could say goodbye to customers and still finish my route. I would have dared them to give me 11 hours work on my last day. You know there would have been some missed service there. At the end of the day, I just walked out of the building and met a few of my friends at a local bar.

bigblu 2 you

you do realize the 25 years service catalog only has three items to choose from,,,1. fingernail clippers{made in taiwan] 2.I{heart}luv logistics hat. 3. boxcar willie 8 track tape.btw you cant go wrong with #3.its a killer.

old levi's

blank space

At this point, who cares? Keep your Cracker Jack prizes, or shove them up a turkey's butt.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
At this point, who cares? Keep your Cracker Jack prizes, or shove them up a turkey's butt.
JMO but I think this attitude was a contributing factor in why these gifts were taken away. An unappreciative workforce makes it easy to cut programs out of the budget.
So, I guess in your case, "You are welcome."

bigblu 2 you

actually i liked the awards,i also enjoy cracking on some of this stuff.i must say i have a 32 in tv and some nice powertools,wathches,boombox etc.i wish they would come back with maybe a amazon,dicks sporting goods or cabelas type gift card or items of that nature.i would reduce my paid day by 1% and memorize all safety jargon if so.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I always felt that the recognition program was too broad and should have focused on the milestone years, beginning with the 5th year and then every 5th year thereafter.