UPS to Reinstate Years of Service and Retirement Gifts

Re-Raise

I just received an award for 25 years this week. I was given a certificate number and told to log into rewardsuite.com.

The only bad part is that the only choices they have are for watches and jewelry. I don't wear a watch and the only jewelry I wear is my wedding ring.

I found a watch on there that I was able to google the value for at $150. It was delivered in less than a week.

It is nice to receive a gift for the years of service so I hate to complain, but I wish there had been a miter saw or something on there.:happy2:

steffiesmith12

Only currently active employees who celebrated a 25-year anniversary from April 1, 2009 until reinstatement of the program will be receiving a retroactive award. i think you believe they would give you a gift of any kind.

niddster

My hubby reached 25 years today... Not a word about it. He did receive gifts for 5 and 10 years but a milestone such as this in these times should be recognised.:sad-little:

over9five

Staff member
But don't you feel some acknowledgement at the PCM was warranted? Would have costed the company nothing....
Too much to ask that the center manager walk over to a 25 year man and shake his hand. No, we'd rather berate the guy for backing twice more than was necessary that day.

stealth8

I retired in November with 32 yrs service. My center had a hot catered breakfast, a service plaque, signed retirement card from my fellow drivers and a huge cake ( chocolate of course!). Then 2 weeks later I received my gold Bulova watch with 3 diamond chips on it.
A month later my local awarded me a teamster watch and a nice Teamster jacket with my name embroided on it! I guess I was one of the lucky ones. By the way does anyone need a watch?:)

oldngray

nowhere special
I retired last year and all I got was at PCM on last day an on car sup said in passing, "This is your last day isn't it?". I did get a certificate for a retirement gift over 2 months later.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I retired last year and all I got was at PCM on last day an on car sup said in passing, "This is your last day isn't it?". I did get a certificate for a retirement gift over 2 months later.

This send off might be the only time when "mooning" is appropriate.