ups totes

dcdriver

nations capital
Seems UPS is cutting cost again. Our building it is hard to find a UPS tote any. We are using the USPS totes, they are every where. Ever read the side of one? Fines and prison time for misusing them.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
saw a report on CNN a few years ago on this subject, the reporter tried to return the "tubs" to the USPS and they refused to take them.
I have a few , use them to carry my tools around. Don't think they will come after me. Also the make great beer coolers.

helenofcalifornia

The forever bags with big "s" hooks on the shelf rail works for me in gathering smalls and air. Zip it up, pass it off at shuttle, good to go! The totes are nice but cumbersome. RIP UPS totes.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We went big on forever bags a few years ago, now they are hardly used at all. When they first intitiated the forever bag campaign they installed big spring loaded clips to hold them to the shelf. They have all broken off now and have disappeared and most of us have gone back to totes.

Totes are making a comeback here for route trailers as customers hate the bags. We have two trailers full of bags sitting on property unused.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Bags suck. I need totes. Boss says containerize your smalls. I say provide me with totes. Boss walks away with familiar blank look.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If they put totes in truck use them if not dont

...or just take a few seconds to find a couple of totes and throw them in the PC yourself.

I have a USPS white tote box in my PC which carries all of my supplies. I have 2 UPS totes which I leave on area at the college warehouse for their smalls and 1 that I keep on the car for my NDA smalls. I carry and fill 2 forever bags every day. The folks in the smalls sorts tell me that drivers using the bags saves them a lot of time. Our center is 90+% compliant (according to our center manager) but I think that number is high because I see a lot of smalls being taken off of the PCs that are not bagged.

They tried to get us to use bags many years ago. All the drivers just ignored them and kept using totes. UPS wasted all that money on trying to switch over to bags and nothing.

By the way, if they really want to cut costs, remove the air conditioners and heaters from all the centers. Now in the summer, members of management will have to drink lots of water so as to avoid heat stroke, and in the winter if they get frostbite it's their fault for not bundling up, but just think of all the money UPS would save on utility bills!:happy-very:

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I used my UPS tote for a very humanitarian purpose. As I was just entering a highway on-ramp I noticed a duck with ducklings trying to cross this very busy stretch of highway.

I pulled over and ran over to the mother duck and carefully placed her in the tote. Amazingly the ducklings wanted to get into the tote with their mommy duck.

I looked at where these ducks where headed and noticed a small pond with a grassy area across this 4 lane highway. As I waited for a break in traffic, a motorcycle cop pulled up with his flashers. I tipped the tote to show him what was inside.

He immediately stopped all traffic and allowed me to run across the highway and deposit them near the pond. I did and ran back to my PC. The cop gave me a nod like to say "well done".

As, I was heading back to the center (hours later) I happened to take an elevated highway that looks over this pond and green space. To my surprise all traffic was again stopped and this mother duck was leading her troops across the same highway.

All I could say was......stupid ducks!