UPS Towed My Car From Employee Parking Lot

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Yeah, we are maybe 2 years apart. I'll give you one more memory and then I will give it a rest. This one is a doozy because it will cause you to access quite a number of associated memories because you were exposed to this for years. Hope I hit the mark .
YouTube - ABC 4:30 MOVIE

Just seeing this takes me back over 30 years to a more innocent time. No oprah, only one news hour followed after this (Roger Grimsby, Bill Beutel) then national news. Then no news until 11:00. Dear God, where did the time go?

Pickup, that was freaking awesome. I sat there, smiling at my monitor.:happy-very:

P

pickup

Pickup, that was freaking awesome. I sat there, smiling at my monitor.:happy-very:

There I was warning you and I should have warned myself. I watched it about 5 times and I've been flooded by so many memories. The sun was brighter, the air was fresher. The fruits we bought from the italian vendor from his van were delicious. You bit into a peach and it was like being brought to heaven's door. Now you bite into a peach and it bites you back. Time stood still and yet we weren't bored. I read some of the comments on that u-tube video and apparently this resonated with a lot of people.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Yeah, we are maybe 2 years apart. I'll give you one more memory and then I will give it a rest. This one is a doozy because it will cause you to access quite a number of associated memories because you were exposed to this for years. Hope I hit the mark .
YouTube - ABC 4:30 MOVIE

Just seeing this takes me back over 30 years to a more innocent time. No oprah, only one news hour followed after this (Roger Grimsby, Bill Beutel) then national news. Then no news until 11:00. Dear God, where did the time go?

Just played this for my wife, and nothing.....a blank stare.:happy-very:

A

anonymous6

had a meeting with the head of LP the other day.

no explanations, no apologies. just wanted to tell me that he showed the security tape to the tow co., the Subaru people, and our own UPS mechanics and

"The general consensus is that the problem was probably caused by the driver/owner of the car." ( i.e. ME )

i told him the same thing i told the Hub mgr. "The 4wd drive worked on the day i drove it to work. it did not work the night after I drove it home ."

so I'm a lyer?

i think I'm gonna tell them to stick it ( which is what they probably want me to do )

over9five

Staff member
"The general consensus is that the problem was probably caused by the driver/owner of the car."

Very well. I'll see you in court.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

no explanations, no apologies. just wanted to tell me that he showed the security tape to the tow co., the Subaru people, and our own UPS mechanics and

"The general consensus is that the problem was probably caused by the driver/owner of the car." ( i.e. ME )

i told him the same thing i told the Hub mgr. "The 4wd drive worked on the day i drove it to work. it did not work the night after I drove it home ."

so I'm a lyer?

i think I'm gonna tell them to stick it ( which is what they probably want me to do )

No need to do this. Level heads will prevail. Contact and retain a lawyer. Have your lawyer sue the responsible parties. You tried this the reasonable, man to man way and they refused to take care of the problem. I guess you only have one other option, 2, if you count forgetting all about it, as an option.

bluehdmc

If they actually have a tape of this and it can show that closely that they can make this sort of determination (which I really think is BS). The tape should show that the wheels were locked (if it was parked in gear) similar to the brakes being on, if they put this on a flatbed it will show all the wheels locked, if they just hooked it the axle on the ground will appear locked.
Ask them for a copy of this tape, or the opportunity to view it yourself. They're probably just trying to blow smoke up your butt. The towing company may take the stand that they did nothing wrong, but do you really think they got a mechanic out of the automotive shop to view the tape? Let alone make a determination?

A

anonymous6

If they actually have a tape of this and it can show that closely that they can make this sort of determination (which I really think is BS). The tape should show that the wheels were locked (if it was parked in gear) similar to the brakes being on, if they put this on a flatbed it will show all the wheels locked, if they just hooked it the axle on the ground will appear locked.
Ask them for a copy of this tape, or the opportunity to view it yourself. They're probably just trying to blow smoke up your butt. The towing company may take the stand that they did nothing wrong, but do you really think they got a mechanic out of the automotive shop to view the tape? Let alone make a determination?

perhaps.

I've spoken to many people about this and all of them say that due to the age of the car ( 1984 ) there is just a slight possibilty that the stress that the car was under being dragged could of been enough to damage it. On a newer vehicle it would of been practically none.

i'm just mad at LP for saying that the possibility was ZERO and "suggesting" that I may be trying to pull a fast one.

so I'm a lyer?

Well, we all know that LP has been known to ....shade the truth to make their case.
The first thing I would ask for is the written and signed statements from the mentioned people and a copy of the video tape. Of course the tow people are gonna say it is your fault, hell they don't want to be held responsible, so discount their opinion. Then I would show the video tape to two or three independent mechanics that are experienced with these vehicles.
The last thing I would do is forget it.

Having said that, this is your deal, you do what you think best for you.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Very good point, bluehdmc, I think evidence must be shared with all parties, as well. Nice to see you've made it to the green.

perhaps.

I've spoken to many people about this and all of them say that due to the age of the car ( 1984 ) there is just a slight possibilty that the stress that the car was under being dragged could of been enough to damage it. On a newer vehicle it would of been practically none.

i'm just mad at LP for saying that the possibility was ZERO and "suggesting" that I may be trying to pull a fast one.

It's always the same, OP, whether it's your car or work comp. You must have been taking that car off road or something. This is definitely your fault. I equate this to someone going to the comp Dr and being told that their knee injury is due to repetitive stress, and not work related. Not that climbing in and out of a pkg car all day has anything to do with it.

All sarcasm aside, the car was working fine or at least up to your standard when brought to work. The car is now unsatisfactory, since being towed. The choice is yours in what you need to do from here.

A

anonymous6

still slightly buzzed.....

After realizing that this was taking too much out of my life, loss of sleep, aggravation, frustration, anger , etc I came to a few conclusions.

This wasn't my fault but LP and UPS is trying to make it my fault.

I'll never get an apology and I'll have to jump thru 17 more hoops to get things set right. they'll never take responsibilty or do the right thing.

I spent another half day Saturday trying to get it in a shop just to get an estimate. This is 2 days now without success.

So I decided to take matters into my own hands and use some good ol American Ingenuity ....

I called a couple buddies, bought some pizza and beer ,played some loud rock n roll ( one of the neighbors complained ) and we decided to fix the SOB ourselves.

We found that the gd thing was jammed and proceeded to unjam it. then we had to fashion a spacer on the linkage or whatever it is called to shore up the sloppiness.

it works. it;s not perfect , but it works.

I feel like a freakin winner tonight. I had a great afternoon with a couple buddies, drinking beer and listening to some good tunes. win-win situation all around. Too bad management will never understand this. ( they used to )

i'm gonna tell LP to go screw themselves and even if they tried to compensate me, i wouldn't take their money. They were Wrong but i'm not gonna beg.them to do the right thing.

They put me thru the third degree and implied that I may be trying to screw them.

Anyways that is my take on it and these are my last words on the subject. It's over but not over. ( if you know what I mean )

OP

JB153

UPS is registered as a place where people park hot stolen cars and cars and where people park their cars that they can't afford the payments on,I know how it is with 80% of the people working at UPS. they get hired then get that first paycheck and go over to a dealership and get a brand new vehicle which they obviously can't afford then they proceed to spend most of their paychecks over the next few months and a few months later finally realize that they're living above their means by paying for the brand new vehicle and decide that they can avoid having to make the montly payments by parking(abandoning) the vehicle in the UPS parking lot. There was a vehicle towed in the parking lot of the Dallas Hub two nights ago after midnight shift which l initially assumed was probably being reposed because most of us don't get payed squad for the work we do but somebody made the point that it could have been a hot vehicle that has been stolen and a lot of times you can easily tell if a car has been stolen because the vin number will have duc tape over it or a very poorly made license plate will be on it or if the theif is really stupid he or she scratched the paint around the driver or passenger side door locks while trying to pick the lock.but what I think hapoened here is that you broke into the vehicle and hotwired it and drive it off then was stupid enough to drive it bsck up to UPS the next shift

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
UPS is registered as a place where people park hot stolen cars and cars and where people park their cars that they can't afford the payments on,I know how it is with 80% of the people working at UPS. they get hired then get that first paycheck and go over to a dealership and get a brand new vehicle which they obviously can't afford then they proceed to spend most of their paychecks over the next few months and a few months later finally realize that they're living above their means by paying for the brand new vehicle and decide that they can avoid having to make the montly payments by parking(abandoning) the vehicle in the UPS parking lot. There was a vehicle towed in the parking lot of the Dallas Hub two nights ago after midnight shift which l initially assumed was probably being reposed because most of us don't get payed squad for the work we do but somebody made the point that it could have been a hot vehicle that has been stolen and a lot of times you can easily tell if a car has been stolen because the vin number will have duc tape over it or a very poorly made license plate will be on it or if the theif is really stupid he or she scratched the paint around the driver or passenger side door locks while trying to pick the lock.but what I think hapoened here is that you broke into the vehicle and hotwired it and drive it off then was stupid enough to drive it bsck up to UPS the next shift
So you took all that time to type that post to someone who probably isn’t even on this site anymore. It’s an 8 year old thread.

Future

Victory Ride
I've got an old beater and apparently some genious in management had LP call the local police to have it towed bc they said it was an abandoned vehicle.

The car is legally reg and insured in my name and i have been driving it to work on and off for the last 6 years.

They didn't bother to call in the plates to see who the registered owner and to cross check with HR and confirm that I am an employee.

They paid to get it out of impound but get this. There is a lever to engage the 4 wheel drive ( subaru ) and i had left it engaged due to snow conditions and the parking brake was on. the car was locked up tight.

Now today there is a major storm in the Sierra and my 4 wheel drive NO LONGER WORKS!

Never had a problem before. we called another tow co. and they said it is POSSIBLE that the driver damaged the 4 wheel drive. I don't see any other explanation.

So what recourse do I have. The bill was in my name but the manager paid it with a CC. Am I gonna have to take the tow co, to small claims?

I'm talking with the BA tomorrow to get some advice and then speaking with the Hub manager.

i thought i would run it here too to get everyones take on it.

does this TAKE THE CAKE or what???:angry:
97B9F7D8-F371-4626-AF22-2EACA71A29DB.jpeg