UPS Towed My Car From Employee Parking Lot

sexyupsman

I dont see eye to eye with tow truck drivers. I found out the hard way that punching them in the face unhooking your own car and throwing their keys on the roof of a near by buisness costs almost 8000 dollars after lawyer fees. Its almost better to pay the 250 inpound fee but nowhere near as satisfying as watching the guy who was gonna leave you stranded ,stranded himself.:devil3:
You should be careful you never know what a nut job can do to ruin your day! People are crazy as I can read in your post you go a little dodgy.

island1fox

:happy-very:Looks like this thread was beaten to death.
I believe the main point is how many days and nights this car was parked in the same position ----the original post is not clear --driven on and off for six months. As other posts stated --parking is usually tight in most UPS facilities . But it is just that PARKING----not storage for an infrequently used vechicle. Snow or no snow --your obligation at the end of your shift --get your car out and give the next UPSer a chance to park.

P

pickup

OP is a feeder driver?

yeah, he is a feeder driver, he once started a thread entitled "surviving the long hours"(or something like that ) on which he stated he was a feeder driver for at least over a decade and that he was having trouble dealing with the long hours of driving, feeling tired , etc . This thread kind of dovetails with the other thread in that the long commute to and from home is emphasized again.

P

pickup

yeah, he is a feeder driver, he once started a thread entitled "surviving the long hours"(or something like that ) on which he stated he was a feeder driver for at least over a decade and that he was having trouble dealing with the long hours of driving, feeling tired , etc . This thread kind of dovetails with the other thread in that the long commute to and from home is emphasized again.

Speaking of which, orangeputeh, did any of the advice given in regards to dealing with the long hours resonate with you ? Did you find any ways to marginally improve your energy level? Post back when it is convenient for you.

:happy-very:Looks like this thread was beaten to death.
I believe the main point is how many days and nights this car was parked in the same position ----the original post is not clear --driven on and off for six months. As other posts stated --parking is usually tight in most UPS facilities . But it is just that PARKING----not storage for an infrequently used vechicle. Snow or no snow --your obligation at the end of your shift --get your car out and give the next UPSer a chance to park.
I think it has been pretty well established that he drove it to work that day.

drewed

Shankman
No Im not saying that Trpkl Im saying if it sat there for a couple days, got covered with snow type thing, our guards work week off week on so if they car was parked in the same place when they got back covered with snow....I could see it being a lot more likely and depending how long it was there (that would have been atleast a week) UPS is less at fault for the tow IMO

Steve, I was always under the assumption, from the way he wrote, that he was a pter he worked his shift and came out and the car was gone....

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
No Im not saying that Trpkl Im saying if it sat there for a couple days, got covered with snow type thing, our guards work week off week on so if they car was parked in the same place when they got back covered with snow....I could see it being a lot more likely and depending how long it was there (that would have been atleast a week) UPS is less at fault for the tow IMO

Steve, I was always under the assumption, from the way he wrote, that he was a pter he worked his shift and came out and the car was gone....

I thought so too, as I read this thread. Forgot all about the other.

I know we have (in some areas) feeders that are out on sleeper runs, but that was not the impression I got from any of his posts. Other than that, they only work one day at a time.
There is no way around it, the company is liable. It may be explained as to why it was towed, but the bottom line is, it should not have been towed.

A

anonymous6

I know we have (in some areas) feeders that are out on sleeper runs, but that was not the impression I got from any of his posts. Other than that, they only work one day at a time.
There is no way around it, the company is liable. It may be explained as to why it was towed, but the bottom line is, it should not have been towed.

I come to work every day at 1630 and leave around 0400 or so ( everyday )

The car was towed at 2030 ( 4 hrs after I started my shift )

Update " The problem is still being worked on between me, the union and the center manager.

hint: very aggravating

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I come to work every day at 1630 and leave around 0400 or so ( everyday )

The car was towed at 2030 ( 4 hrs after I started my shift )

Update " The problem is still being worked on between me, the union and the center manager.

hint: very aggravating

Aggravating, yes, but at least it's being worked on and not flat out rejected.