UPS Training and the "Real World" of Day to Day Life at UPS

Integrity

Binge Poster
Re: UPS Training and the "Real World" of Day to Day Life at UPS

Integrity, I thank you for your kind words, but like others I sometime question your motives. You throw a lot on the table, but I've yet to see where you practice what you preach. Sometimes I respect you, sometimes I think your just a drama queen. I'm still trying to figure it out. Anyway, I don't shut the belt often, but when I do they ussually don't bother me. They used to, but they backed off after telling the PT Sup several times if you have a problem with me shutting the belt off I'd like to have a meeting upstairs with my Steward present to discuss what I believed to be a safety issue. Hasn't been a problem since.
UPS Preloader,

Motives.

My motives are to discuss. That is what this is it is a discussion forum.

I throw a lot on the table yes, my motive, to discuss. This is a discussion forum.

I bring very little of the action that I take during my employment at UPS here because I choose not to.

Check my blogs for the actions that I took anonymously. I brought 2 issues to the UPS Help Line anonymously and reported the results in my blog.

I hope that little explanation helps a little, I know it ain' t much.

I commend you again for doing something that I believe many are too afraid to do.

Sincerely,
I

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Integrity, I thank you for your kind words, but like others I sometime question your motives. You throw a lot on the table, but I've yet to see where you practice what you preach. Sometimes I respect you, sometimes I think your just a drama queen. I'm still trying to figure it out. Anyway, I don't shut the belt often, but when I do they ussually don't bother me. They used to, but they backed off after telling the PT Sup several times if you have a problem with me shutting the belt off I'd like to have a meeting upstairs with my Steward present to discuss what I believed to be a safety issue. Hasn't been a problem since.
UPS Preloader,

Motives.

I throw a lot on the table yes, my motive, to discuss. This is a discussion forum.

I bring very little of the action that I take during my employment at UPS here because I choose not to.

Check my blogs for the actions that I took anonymously. I brought 2 issues to the UPS Help Line anonymously and reported the results in my blog.

I commend you again for doing something that I believe many are too afraid to do.

Sincerely,
I

Just curious if everyone can read your blogs why not just post it here.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Integrity; said:
Motives.

Sincerely,
I

So your a coward in real life also?

QKRSTKR

I would love these couple fancy preloaders who obviously pull off a belt demonstrate to me or use the 8 keys to lifting/lowering pulling out of a middle cage on a boxline. Boxline is a whole different game and its impossible to reach the back of a middle cage without bending at the waist. No way to keep your back straight or anything in your power zone. Bottom cage always the best. Perfect height. Top cage, too high, have to step in middle cage to reach back of cage.

stoni24

I would love these couple fancy preloaders who obviously pull off a belt demonstrate to me or use the 8 keys to lifting/lowering pulling out of a middle cage on a boxline. Boxline is a whole different game and its impossible to reach the back of a middle cage without bending at the waist. No way to keep your back straight or anything in your power zone. Bottom cage always the best. Perfect height. Top cage, too high, have to step in middle cage to reach back of cage.
no u must be choosing to work unsafe and not following methods!

UPS Preloader

I don't consider myself to be a fancy preloader, nor to I consider myself to be better than anyone else. I simply do my job safely and then go home. You are correct in that I do pull off a belt. I've heard about the boxlines, but I've never seen or used one so I can't comment on how to use one.

stoni24

ok one more and I'll quit. When u stop the belt do u....push the stop button, flip the latch down to secure it, then test the start button to make sure it will not come on? If u don't ur an unsafe worker.
kinrossy,

Actually you have described the procedure for conveyor securing.

You don't have to secure a conveyor every time you shut it off.

Only if you are going to break a jam, move a diverter, or walk on the conveyor.

Shutting off a conveyor without securing does not make anyone an unsafe worker if securing the conveyor is not required.

Sincerely,
I
what he is describing is a mythical ups center. And if he chooses to work this way, he is at the mercy of his center manager. Once he's on the center manager's crap list he's 2 misloads within a nine month period from being unemployed. U know, same as u observing unload egress and did nothing about it.

OptimusPrime

Brownslave688,

You were never taught to follow traffic and vehicle laws?

That is very reassuring for the safety of the public and integrity of the training you received.

Sincerely,
I

Get out. Now. Obviously you have never delivered a route, or even drove a pc. Do tell where I should park for a strip mall? In your world I can't use the fire lane, and the truck is too long to legally fit in a space. Should I just sheet as missed for inadequate parking? Hell, might as well sheet the whole route, seeing there is no where I can legally park the vehicle.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So your a coward in real life also?
Brownslave688,

A person who execises the right to report an anonymous concern is a coward?

If this is what you think I think this is a very shallow view of a situation.

Can't there exist other reasons for wanting to remain anonymous?

Sincerely,
I

Sincerely,

Integrity

Binge Poster
QKSTKR,

I agree, the Boxlines have issues.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
what he is describing is a mythical ups center. And if he chooses to work this way, he is at the mercy of his center manager. Once he's on the center manager's crap list he's 2 misloads within a nine month period from being unemployed. U know, same as u observing unload egress and did nothing about it.
kinrossy,

I see no basis for you not to believe what the poster says.

No more than you have any basis to comment on what I did or did not do based upon my posts.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster

Get out. Now. Obviously you have never delivered a route, or even drove a pc. Do tell where I should park for a strip mall? In your world I can't use the fire lane, and the truck is too long to legally fit in a space. Should I just sheet as missed for inadequate parking? Hell, might as well sheet the whole route, seeing there is no where I can legally park the vehicle.
OptimusPrime,

What does get out mean?

Sometimes I have found that loading and unloading parking is permitted and can be done at the rear of the strip mall also. This would be my first choice if available.

For a strip mall I would direct you to park in the furthest, safest spot, away from other vehicles if possible.

The corners or perimeter of shopping center lots is usually the best place to look for this type of spot.

You can use a hand truck to load up and walk off the strip mall. I would have you wear a yellow vest while walking off the strip mall.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don't consider myself to be a fancy preloader, nor to I consider myself to be better than anyone else. I simply do my job safely and then go home. You are correct in that I do pull off a belt. I've heard about the boxlines, but I've never seen or used one so I can't comment on how to use one.
UPS Preloader,

Boxlines have issues.

I appreciate your responses on this discussion thread.

Sincerely,
I

QKRSTKR

ok now I have the picture right. So as you can now see, the middle cage is about impossible to get into without bending over.

where the arrow is pointing is actually a recycle belt for the hub sorts. It is locked out during preload operations. How that package car is parked is how they all would be parked. One cage, like middle blue, would have 3 rtes loaded into it. About every 5 cage or box is the same color. The whole boxline is in motion moving say right to left. Looks like that is how this one moves. Bottom cage only accessible for a short time right after box leaves charge slide, and before it returns to charge area. There is a dip and rise in the track that the boxline rolls on. You can actually see it by the package car coming downhill. That belt is also what our cars are unloaded to when we return.

Last edited:

air_dr

Integrity,

I wanted to send you a PM and received an error message saying you had no space to receive my PM.

The thread I was referring to in my recent post was one on Responsibility for Safety. I was the last post on that thread and it went up on Aug 28, 2012.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity,

I wanted to send you a PM and received an error message saying you had no space to receive my PM.

The thread I was referring to in my recent post was one on Responsibility for Safety. I was the last post on that thread and it went up on Aug 28, 2012.
air_dr,

I corrected this issue.

Sincerely,
I