UPS Transfer

xFallenx

Ok so I tried to put transfer papers through and I was told I had to enroll at a college,show classes I'm taking along with payment and a schedule, and have an opening at the UPS I wish to transfer to. I did all of this and put my papers through well I get a call saying they denied my transfer because it' a community college I am going to and that I can just go to one up here. I already paid for classes and am taking a online course so I am a student there. I was told it just had to be a college. I am moving and I want to keep my job. Even my HR rep told me to call the union and I'm waiting for a call back now. Does anyone know anything about this? I'm just upset they are putting me through this when I followed everything I was told to do.

BLACKBALLED

I know that if you talk with your center Manager in the proper manner all he has to do is call hr and the center to which you want to transfer to and it can be done, we had an employee leave texas and move to Boston through the help of the center manager, my advice to you is take the reactions with a grain of salt, be calm with your request dont get heated and if you play your cards right it will happen, basically what I am saying is dont make a mountain out of a mole hill by going to the union, your manager will take it as a slap to him or her and continue to make it harder for you.

xFallenx

Thank you for the quick reply.By center manager do you mean the Head Sup. at my building because I got his sig. and ok. On the transfer papers it only lists a Business Manager ,District Labor Manager, and a District WFP Manager. Other than that I'm not even sure what a center manager is.

xFallenx

Well he signed the paper already and ok'd it then the HR rep. told me that it was denied when put through. So how would talking to him help it if he wasn't the one who denied it?

BLACKBALLED

Be persistent, ask him if he can get a hold of the hr area where you want to transfer to and talk to them for you, believe me it can be done, Your center manager/BM has more capabilities than you may realise.

xFallenx

Be persistent, ask him if he can get a hold of the hr area where you want to transfer to and talk to them for you, believe me it can be done, Your center manager/BM has more capabilities than you may realise.
Well I talked to my center manager/BM and he calmly said he can't do anything for me so he doesn't wanna get involved and that I should talk to the union which is very unusual for him since UPS doesn't like involving the union. Well the union called and said I could talk to him tomorrow since he'll e there and he read over the article that covers transfers and I did everything right. I won't say exactly what he said yet because I'm not sure how everything works with these matters so I don't wanna put out too much info and only say what events led to this point and not what actions happen/may happen. After everything is said and done I'll probably make a post here. (P.S. I've been at the company for 4 years and 2 months I've always unloaded then gone to small sort or wherever they need me to do and never had the call the union and never had hit any speed bumps with UPS this is the first time me and my management and me get along really well)

menotyou

bella amicizia
Well I talked to my center manager/BM and he calmly said he can't do anything for me so he doesn't wanna get involved and that I should talk to the union which is very unusual for him since UPS doesn't like involving the union. Well the union called and said I could talk to him tomorrow since he'll e there and he read over the article that covers transfers and I did everything right. I won't say exactly what he said yet because I'm not sure how everything works with these matters so I don't wanna put out too much info and only say what events led to this point and not what actions happen/may happen. After everything is said and done I'll probably make a post here. (P.S. I've been at the company for 4 years and 2 months I've always unloaded then gone to small sort or wherever they need me to do and never had the call the union and never had hit any speed bumps with UPS this is the first time me and my management and me get along really well)
That's why they like you.