UPS truck driver parks across 3 handicap parking spaces

Spend one day in a wheelchair and see if you still find this "funny".

I would never even think of blocking three handicapped spaces.

Well deserved.

Suppose it were you in the wheelchair--would you still feel the same?

Unfortunately you are right.

It's quite simple--stay the **** out of handicapped parking spaces.
I can't believe you wasted give posts in one. How are you going to keep up that fifteen posts a day average doing that???

moreluck

golden ticket member
The handicap spots and the stickers are totally abused. I see it everyday. Some guy parks in the handicap spot, gets out and he's like mid-60's, dressed in tennis togs, clearly ready to go play at the club and probably just needs to run in for a Powerade.

He semi-jogs to the store entrance..........so, why did he park in the handicap zone??

I've actually seen the cops write tickets to people whose cars are parked there with no special plate or placard displayed. I enjoy those moments. Was it worth $250 guy ??

No brown delivery truck should ever be parked in those spots.......

raceanoncr

Sorry to say but 33 years ago, you would have been trained to park this way. I don't remember if handicapped spaces were that prevelant then or even in existance then but I know I would have been trained this way.

First day of training here, I parked behind fire hydrant to make delivery. Supe said, "OH, NO!!! We park directly across from delivery door!!!!". I had to move so that said hydrant was almost in my stepping path.

With this particular supe, I can assure you that handicapped space woulda been no diff.

Course, in this instance, the artical says driver was getting something to drink. Not delivering.

I don't condone this practice at all, and would never do that OR park in front of hydrant or any other legal obstacle when supe not present but I'll bet that if incident would not have been reported and supe along, no problem.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Why do they need the stickers anyway when they just drop off in front of the door and park 2 feet away? I was a good idea, but as with all good ideas, someone finds a way to abuse it and ruin it for everyone else.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It is wrong for us to block all 3 handicap spots in order to run in and get a drink. If there are 3 or 4 empty handicap spots, I think it is OK to briefly block one of them in order to make a delivery if there is no other parking available. In a perfect world there would be no reason to block a handicap spot because each business would also have a loading zone for deliveries...but we dont live in a perfect world. The person who will bitch you out for blocking a handicap spot is often times the same person who will bitch you out if you are late delivering their package. Sometimes you need to "bend" the rules a little bit for a little bit.

hypocrisy

Banned
I would block your vehicle wiith my car and call the police. I would insist that they ticket and tow your vehicle immediately. You would then have to explain that to your supervisor.

What would you do if I dropped my set of trailers there and went to lunch? I can just about take out an entire row of parking. I can just hear my Manager laughing if you called him......

raceanoncr

The handicap spots and the stickers are totally abused. I see it everyday. Some guy parks in the handicap spot, gets out and he's like mid-60's, dressed in tennis togs, clearly ready to go play at the club and probably just needs to run in for a Powerade.

He semi-jogs to the store entrance..........so, why did he park in the handicap zone??

Because "the rules don't apply to me!!!!", that's why!

In the next state over, where I used to live, they issue the mirror placard with a designation stuck on it, such as, "friend, 61", indicating that the user SHOULD be a female at or over 61 years old. Easier, but not foolproof, to spot abusers.

Here, now listen up cuz this is funny (well, I think so), a feeder driver at another far away hub that I know, was issued a placard years ago cuz he blew some of his fingers off in some accident. Issued a placard and parked at UPS "Blue Chair" spot ever since.

I had first hip replaced and thot, "Hmmmm...I wonder..." Asked my Doc, he said, "Sure, you qualify for TEMP handicap". Wrote out prescript for 6 mo. placard. Took it to DMV, they said they only issue TEMP for 3 mos at a time. Would do then I have to get new prescript for nuther 3 mos. "No problemo".

Came back with "Permenant Non-Expiring" Blue Chair placard. SWEET! That's been 4 years now? Yeah, think so. Used it temporarily for 2nd hip replace, then taking late mom for cancer treatments after that, then for shattered ankle this year.

So, although there are abusers, this system is also at fault. Could it be the Dems?

Don't use it now cuz can't find parking place there anyway. Too many package cars in em.

Indecisi0n

In what world do any of you think that we have the right to park in one, let alone three, handicapped parking spaces??

The driver deserved to lose his job.

I have learned in my short time that Jesus, i mean Upstate will play the what if game all day long. From time to time you have something construction to say but the rest of the time all you do is rock the boat.

So your opinion is the guy deserved to lose his job? Way to support fellow members. I am sure you have NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR done ANYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG against policy. No need to even comment on this because we all know you are perfect i was just pointing that out.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have learned in my short time that Jesus, i mean Upstate will play the what if game all day long. From time to time you have something construction to say but the rest of the time all you do is rock the boat.

So your opinion is the guy deserved to lose his job? Way to support fellow members. I am sure you have NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR done ANYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG against policy. No need to even comment on this because we all know you are perfect i was just pointing that out.
Your fellow members don't deserve any support when they are doing wrong. I mentioned this parking scenario to hubby and he said the driver should be fired.

klein

Für Meno :)
If you feel compfy sitting in handicapped designed restaurant table - you are totally different then the most of us.

I wouldn't even think twice about sitting there !
Not only can you get in trouble from the staff, but also from other customers. Why look/ask for trouble ?

But, I do bet you only staged this photo for a very short period of time. Nice try though !

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If you feel compfy sitting in handicapped designed restaurant table - you are totally different then the most of us.

I wouldn't even think twice about sitting there !
Not only can you get in trouble from the staff, but also from other customers. Why look/ask for trouble ?

But, I do bet you only staged this photo for a very short period of time. Nice try though !

The point is folks need to chill. We have all done stuff before that wasn't right and we learned from it. The only reason this guy got termed was for the fact it made news and made UPS look bad. Same thing happened to a cop at a Chick Fla down here in Ga.

Indecisi0n

The point is folks need to chill. We have all done stuff before that wasn't right and we learned from it. The only reason this guy got termed was for the fact it made news and made UPS look bad. Same thing happened to a cop at a Chick Fla down here in Ga.

Upstate doesn't do any wrong.

Indecisi0n

unlike thumbnail.jpg