UPS Truck hits State Police

drewed

Shankman
Yea Im glad everyones ok, it doesnt really look like a loss control accident tho; it looks more like the driver wasnt paying attention and side swiped the cruiser

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a similar accident several years ago. A local deputy sheriff was in the middle of a traffic stop on the side of the Northway (I-87) at around 2am when this 18 wheeler came upon him. The driver had been on the road most of the night and was falling asleep and mistook the lights of the patrol car as tail lights and slammed in to the car, killing the deputy instantly, leaving a widow and 2 young children.

pkg-king

Thank goodness noone was injuried. UPS driver is of retirement age and will probably be offered a deal to retire, it may take few months though.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I don't know how you could not pay attention when any kind of law enforcement is on the road. Yes, this guy sounds like he fell asleep.

One peak, I was so tired I fell asleep at the stoplight. Woke up in a panic when I realized the honking was directed at me.

mikestrek

57 years old. at that age that has to hurt. I'm sure he's at retirement age. But still what a way to cap off all those years. :sad-little:

feeder53

ADKtrails
It is great that both survived, I always pull over if I am tired and if something is said to me I would explain to them. One time I was tired so I pulled into a rest stop with a set of doubles, parked at the end of the lot and fell asleep over the wheel....I awoke and the motor was running and I saw the fence.....I hit the brakes so fast and hard i thought I put the pedal through the floor. I got out of the cab and there were a few other drivers standing there and they all clapped........