UPS truck stolen; home invasion follows

Camping Nana

We are living in perilous times..... Seems the crooks are getting more and more brazen.

"Three San Joaquin County men may have carjacked a UPS truck before allegedly taking part in a home invasion robbery Wednesday evening. .......

Two UPS employees, 40 and 42, at about 7:15 p.m. Wednesday were making a delivery at an address in the 700 block of Boston Avenue when an older brown and white station wagon and a dark-colored Honda blocked in the truck, according to the report. Three people, one armed with a shotgun and two armed with handguns, got out of the cars and ordered the UPS employees out of the truck at gunpoint and to the ground." .....

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081212/A_NEWS02/812120311/-1/A_NEWS

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Worst nightmare. I dont know though, i used to have nightmares about being out on delivery in nothing but my boxers...........:anxious:

Seriously, the driver and helper did the right thing, they let the crooks have the truck etc. They live to deliver again.

I hope the criminals get sent up for a long time.

d

We were told about that in our PCM yesterday. According to our center manager, the PC and the three criminals were found using GPS within a fairly short period of time, the bad guys were arrested..

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This is really scary. I can't imagine being held hostage in that moment in time, working for an honest living and being turned upside down. It is one thing without the weaponry involved, but unarmed you simply have no control over that situation. Thankfully the driver and helper were not seriously physically harmed.

JustTired

free at last.......
OK........chalk one up for GPS.

Scariest part of the job....especially after dark. I hated the dark. Had a carload follow me around out in the sticks for 30-45 minutes. Before cell phone. Delivered to a guys house I knew from a business and told him what was going on. He offered me his gun....but I declined. Only had one more stop at that point. It was the quickest stop I think I ever made. Then beat feet for the building. They gave up and turned off after several "over the speed limit" miles. Spent many, many after dark delivery days after that and never felt safe, again.

Well...I made it and will never have to deliver in the dark again. Here's hoping that all others will have the same outcome. Be safe! Keep your eyes moving and (if neccesary) your package car, too!

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member

Scariest part of the job....especially after dark. I hated the dark. Had a carload follow me around out in the sticks for 30-45 minutes. Before cell phone. Delivered to a guys house I knew from a business and told him what was going on. He offered me his gun....but I declined. Only had one more stop at that point. It was the quickest stop I think I ever made. Then beat feet for the building. They gave up and turned off after several "over the speed limit" miles. Spent many, many after dark delivery days after that and never felt safe, again.

Well...I made it and will never have to deliver in the dark again. Here's hoping that all others will have the same outcome. Be safe! Keep your eyes moving and (if neccesary) your package car, too!

How about back when we collected cash COD's. One time I delivered to a local carnival in a POS P-400. The carnies saw me collect well over $3,000.00 and then the car wouldn't start. I had to call in but then I got the car running & they commented will that thing make it the rest of the day.

My next stop was the bank to get a cashiers' check to get rid of the cash.

705red

Browncafe Steward
These crooks must be out of their minds! Even with handguns, do they know the beat down they could have received by screwing around with a pissed off driver and helper at 7pm in the dark during peak. Not the brighteset move on their part!

Glad everyone is ok.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

I am in an area that is generally pretty 'quiet', as far as crime goes, but still it does happen. I agree with you whole-heartedly. The nite-time delivering makes me nervous. My cell phone is never far from me and neither is my mag-lite at nite.

leastbest

LeastBest
Inappropriate post.

A few years ago I had a serious injury. I called UPS and said I was injured and had to get to the hospital. Their first words were, "Did you get your air off?"

Twenty years before that we had a horrible tornado and I was forced into a basement. The next day I was yelled at because I ran late.

This is UPS, of course it's inappropriate. It is what it is.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
A few years ago I had a serious injury. I called UPS and said I was injured and had to get to the hospital. Their first words were, "Did you get your air off?"

Twenty years before that we had a horrible tornado and I was forced into a basement. The next day I was yelled at because I ran late.

This is UPS, of course it's inappropriate. It is what it is.
You go driver.....I'm down with ya:peaceful:

Also ........there are no inappropriate posts....it's an opinion, dats all

A

anonymous6

did you read the comments after the article?
"I can see it now Upsers in shorts and packing 44's "

scary...

LiL"Comet"

That's horrible hate to hear that just glad no one was hurt. People are not surprising anymore as to what extent they will go to get something they want.

AKCoverMan

The question is: Did it affect their paid day? Were they still able to make scratch? No excuses.

Exactly how does one code time spent as a hostage in the DIAD?:laughing:

Seriously, I am glad our people were not hurt and I hope the crooks get sent away for a long time. Should be some sort of charges for “Interfering with interstate commerce” or some such on top of the assault, kidnapping, and theft charges I would think.

What I find most sad is some of the comments left with the original source of the story. Some people were identifying with the crooks.. a if the crooks were the victims somehow driven to steal because of the much hyped “bad economy”.