UPS Uniform

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Actually there was a German law against wearing brown shirts, UPS had to use a different colored shirt.
Today that has changed.
Only in New England are the drivers allowed to keep ( that is to wear & laundry their uniforms ) , so if you are looking for some, I have many shirts & some vests with the old logos ( two styles ).
I'm sure there are many others floating around NE with more.
Ok, I am not understanding the ban on brown.

And I launder my own uniforms every week (or so). :happy-very:

Yes, thanks...these were the eBay-Stores I ordered some stuff...;-)
The company takes a very dim view of anyone but employees having official UPS uniforms. There are people that would use them to impersonate a UPS driver to commit crimes and the company wants to keep that from happening.

Yousi, don't let any of these jokers on here get to you, they are sometimes a little non understanding.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Hello,

I am Sebastian from Germany and I am a big UPS-Fan!
I love the cars and especially the brown uniforms.

My question would be: Is there a way to get such a uniform as a customer and not as a employee? I mean especially the brown shirts, UPS drivers wear.

Is there any way to get this?

Thanks a lot
YOU WILL NOT GET ONE ON THIS SITE'' and please,don't call them ''BROWN SHIRTS'' My uncle was over in Europe with Mr. Patton,cleaning out the""BROWN SHIRTS "" We arn't sending any over!! Sorry!!

P

pickup

It's a throw back to pre- WWII...Hitler's personal "police force" wore brown uniforms.

the brownshirts , they were known as.

taken from wikipedia:

SA men were often called "brownshirts" for the colour of their uniforms; this distinguished them from the Schutzstaffel (SS), who wore black and brown uniforms (compare Benito Mussolini's blackshirts). Brown-coloured shirts were chosen as the SA uniform because a large batch of them was cheaply available after World War I, having originally been ordered for German troops serving in Africa.[1]

PobreCarlos

Funny you brought that up.
When UPS came in to Germany, there was an uproar about the uniformed brown shirts.

When UPS came to Germany (north Germany in '76, south Germany in '78), it was very aware of the "brown shirt" issue, and the driver uniform from the get-go included a yellow (?...I'm somewhat color blind) pin-striped shirt instead of the solid brown one issued in the U.S. Pants and jacket, however, were typical UPS "brown".

Although I haven't reviewed the situation in a couple of years, I seriously doubt that German drivers are wearing the same "brown shirts" U.S. UPS drivers wear now. Any German drivers out there who could provide a follow-up?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It's a throw back to pre- WWII...Hitler's personal "police force" wore brown uniforms.
Thanks Trp. I didn't know that.

I just went and read some of the historical info on the 'brownshirts'. WOW, it sounds like they were some really nasty guys. Even more so than the SS. It was quite interesting reading about it.

Last edited:
P

pickup

Why are you so unkind?:-/
What did I do wrong?

something might be getting lost in translation, or since it is your first exposure to covemaster, you might be getting the wrong impression , but he means nothing unkind about it.

yoshi007

something might be getting lost in translation, or since it is your first exposure to covemaster, you might be getting the wrong impression , but he means nothing unkind about it.
Okay, I think so...;-)

I mean, I know UPS just as a customer, not as an employee...so I don't know all the details yet...but I hope to learn more in that forum here.

--------------------
But okay...I am happy when UPS will come next Tuesday to deliver my Apple item I've ordered. Always happy to see UPSers...:happy-very:

rod

Retired 22 years
Why are you so unkind?:-/
What did I do wrong?

I think there are 2 different types of brownshirts being discussed here. The ones UPSers wear and then these guys.

[video=youtube;Q1oGB-BKdZg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1oGB-BKdZg[/video]

yoshi007

I think there are 2 different types of brownshirts being discussed here. The ones UPSers wear and then these guys.
Sure, I recognzized that...but I don't understand where the problem is...

I mean, we are here in an UPS-forum, I asked for the brown UPS shirts, the current uniform of UPS...now I do not know, why a few come to brown Hitler shirts?
Is it, because I am from Germany?!:sad-very::wink2: