UPS Uniform

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yoshi, Yes Hitler came up because you are from Germany. There are many knowledgeable people here and someone caught the significance. It was nothing to be offended over and just because you are in Germany doesn't make you bad. It is of historical significance only. I personally did not understand the reference between the 2 so I asked.

As far as coming on here and asking about getting UPS shirts, it never hurts to ask. It just isn't going to happen. Not one of here is willing to lose our jobs because you want a UPS shirt. No offense meant and nothing personal. UPS brown is a trademark and they protect that with a vengence. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding.

Spiderman

Package Slinger
Hello,

I am Sebastian from Germany and I am a big UPS-Fan!
I love the cars and especially the brown uniforms.

My question would be: Is there a way to get such a uniform as a customer and not as a employee? I mean especially the brown shirts, UPS drivers wear.

Is there any way to get this?

Thanks a lot
look here, osama, UPS uniforms are not for sale and we aint giving em away as gifts. you can buy brown cloth and fashion your own uniform, if you like, but if you go this far, id say you have got some real issues. in the world we live in, today, do you really think you should be buying uniforms of this sort? would you try and buy police uniforms, if that was your fetish?

P

pickup

Okay, I think so...;-)

I mean, I know UPS just as a customer, not as an employee...so I don't know all the details yet...but I hope to learn more in that forum here.

--------------------
But okay...I am happy when UPS will come next Tuesday to deliver my Apple item I've ordered. Always happy to see UPSers...:happy-very:

Did sexyupsman move to germany? (sorry yoshi, that was a joke that only people who were members on this forum from january would get)

I see your english is very good with some minor indications that it isn't perfect, so hopefully you won't be offended by some of the sarcasm here. But basically, ups uniforms are similar to police officer uniforms. Some criminals would love to get their hands on such apparel in order to carry out their little schemes. For example rapists with such uniforms would find access to apartment buildings much easier. And in light of terrorist attacks, a ups uniform could theoretically allow a suicide bomber to bring in bombs on a handtruck and people would less likely question the disguised person. So, they aren't given out as promotional items, etc. If your ups delivery man
isn't moving too quickly perhaps you can get a 10 second answer out him that will echo what was just stated here.

yoshi007

Okay guys...thank very much for your answers...:-D

I understood the misunderstandings and I say thank you for four feedbacks regarding the uniform...

I bought another cool shirt now on eBay, but I think it is merchandise...but it looks good as I'd say!

%21BRo4rDwBmk%7E$%28KGrHgoOKj0EjlLmUlQIBJ+IPDQDfQ%7E%7E_1.JPG

look here, osama, UPS uniforms are not for sale and we aint giving em away as gifts. you can buy brown cloth and fashion your own uniform, if you like, but if you go this far, id say you have got some real issues. in the world we live in, today, do you really think you should be buying uniforms of this sort? would you try and buy police uniforms, if that was your fetish?
Now was all that really necessary? I think he had already gotten the message. I think your Spiddy senses have short circuited.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz

Go easy on the guy he didnt know :sad-little:

fethrs

Why so angry?
Do you hate your jobs or what?:-/

You may be missing the point, people who wear UPS uniforms (as opposed to those who buy them off e-bay or ask for them) have earned the right to wear them. It is something that makes a person a UPSER. It's not easy to drive and work UPS, and wearing the uniforms prove that. Some may be offended that you want one cus you 'think its cute' and some are suspicious too, why exaclty do you want one? It's a security issue too, it's not really a good idea to be wearing one if you don't drive.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You may be missing the point, people who wear UPS uniforms (as opposed to those who buy them off e-bay or ask for them) have earned the right to wear them. It is something that makes a person a UPSER. It's not easy to drive and work UPS, and wearing the uniforms prove that. Some may be offended that you want one cus you 'think its cute' and some are suspicious too, why exaclty do you want one? It's a security issue too, it's not really a good idea to be wearing one if you don't drive.
What she said, and, aren't you supposed to ask your mom for permission, before you surf the internet? Now off you go, young man, tut tut.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Originally Posted by rod
I think there are 2 different types of brownshirts being discussed here. The ones UPSers wear and then these guys.
Hitler reviews his brownshirts
hmm that video looked like last weeks PCM:surprised:

During the initial expansion into what was then West Germany the Brown UPS Uniform was replaced with a Green Uniform due to sensitivity over the "Brown Shirts" worn by the Nazi SA during Hitler's rise to power.

rod

Retired 22 years

During the initial expansion into what was then West Germany the Brown UPS Uniform was replaced with a Green Uniform due to sensitivity over the "Brown Shirts" worn by the Nazi SA during Hitler's rise to power.

So is it also true that UPSers get to have a beer with lunch in Germany?:wink2: I had heard that was the big sticking point when UPS first opened over there - so much so that UPS backed out for awhile.

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy

Hoax you totally missed the humor in what i meant. :confused2:UPS and its management style reminds me of Nazi Germany :wink2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So is it also true that UPSers get to have a beer with lunch in Germany?:wink2: I had heard that was the big sticking point when UPS first opened over there - so much so that UPS backed out for awhile.

When I was military we were allowed to have up to 2 beers with lunch. This was back in the early '80s (yes I am that old!).

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax you totally missed the humor in what i meant. :confused2:UPS and its management style reminds me of Nazi Germany :wink2:

What makes you think I missed it. :wink2:
Obviously UPS is doing something wrong because the Brownshirts look more enthusiastic and motivated. See the humor in that through the sarcasm and cynicism?