UPS uniforms sold on eBay

R

rdwarrior

Guys,
We had a driver stop at a dollar store in his delivery town. It had rained real hard that day and he was going to buy a t-shirt and underwear so he could be a little dryer.The lady at the store helped him find what he needed.She then said"You want a dry uniform too?" She then carried him to the back of the store to a whole table of used UPS uniforms.They had gotten them from the factory next door that made the uniforms.He was shocked! They didnt have his size though. DARN! Must not be a big deal!

S

steelheader69

I've been with UPS since 88', and we just had a guy retire last year who had driven since 66' and neither of us (nor ALL non management employees) have a UPS ID card. BUT, we are a remote center. Only half of our center is 1030 commit. We are a very small building. No guards, no fences, just a small closed building.

U

upsdude

120+ drivers
Area of 500K population
7 Military bases
No ID cards

I have two schools on my route. The guards at both have told me that the first instant they get chewed out for letting me in without ID, Ill be on the outside looking in. Local Management has been notified, but they are dependant on the district office to issue an ID.

C

clarkie

Likewise, no ID cards at our location, either. They've talked about it for over a year....

I wouldn't argue with anybody about not letting me in to deliver. If it happens, you take the packages back to the building. The clerk sends them a postcard telling them why we were unable to deliver them and within a week you'll be back delivering without an ID card (because they'll want their stuff, but don't want to come and get it). That has happened in our building.

Most of our military bases issue us their own ID cards. One even requires that you fill out a security clearance which takes a couple of weeks to come back before they will issue it.

T

trouble1903

"..if someone in a UPS uniform comes to make a drop off or pick up, make absolute sure they are driving a UPS truck. UPS does not make deliveries or pick ups in anything except a company vehicles."

Well there goes sups delivering out of their cars!

D

dannyboy

THere are times when we deliver out of our personal vehicles. I delivered close to 300 in one day out of my Izuzu pup.

d

U

ups_vette

danny:
There were many times when I delivered late Air ( 25 was the most) using my Corvette...in suite and tie.
Good thing my license plate is UPS VETTE

P

parttimejon

in a suite and tie. you understand that is union work right...hope you payed someone for your hours. i'm still parttime because of things like that
angry.gif

D

dannyboy

Mine is IMFEDUP. You know you CAN read that two different ways!
confused.gif
Ive had that tag for close to 25 years. And of course the Pupster is UPS brown.

d