UPS union contract extended to allow negotiators to reach new deal

RealPerson

TDU wants a strike so ups is wrecked and the teamsters loose more dues paying members. They want to wreck the union and my livelyhood and yours.

Your DUES cover your BA's Salary, that is about it.
UPS pays the Health and Retirement!
Thanks for the scare tactic

RealPerson

If you are thinking healthcare you are mistaken. The Upstate/West NY supplement was rejected and it had nothing to do with healthcare as ours remained unchanged.

Yep, it is NOT all about health care..

Heck one thing I would like to see is Higher starting wages, to get better employees...

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Well we disagree. And we won't know who's right until it all plays out. But I can tell you this. I keep in touch with a local
official who is very well informed regarding our supplement. The bottom line is we want our UPS health care back. That's it. They can offer 10
bucks an hour more. Doesn't matter. One thing and one thing only gets this supplement passed. Will they stick to their guns? We'll see. But talking
to all the rank and file in the area everybody is on the same page. And like I've said before, I don't think we're alone, not by a long shot.
May I propose that all those who want to continue UPS healthcare pay the company proposal of 30/60/90 a week. All of us under union healthcare would continue to receive our benefit for no cost.

pretender

May I propose that all those who want to continue UPS healthcare pay the company proposal of 30/60/90 a week. All of us under union healthcare would continue to receive our benefit for no cost.

Great idea-However, I have come to believe that it was the company's intent all along to shift healthcare burden to the union.

stink219

Your DUES cover your BA's Salary, that is about it.
UPS pays the Health and Retirement!
Thanks for the scare tactic
This is completely false. A small portion goes to cover the BA's salary. Go to a meeting an listen to to Secretary Treasurer every once in a while.

ups clerk

What's going to happen come Aug 1 in terms of our biannual raise?
First of all, the first three years of our raise will be one lump sum. The last two years will be bi annual.
Once the contract gets completely signed and assuming had gone beyond Aug 1, we will get the raises retroactively. So say we get .70 the first year, you will get 28.00 a week extra for every week the contract did not get ratified. This will be added to your paycheck in a separate line.

kingOFchester

Amazon really needs to watch the rapid expansion into so many different ventures. At some point they have to figure out a way to make money. You can only tell investors for so long "you have to get the big picture". At some point there needs to be more than promises.

I would argue that Amazon has done an outstanding job in a slow controlled growth. I would admit that they aren't really good at showing profit. At some point the growth will need to stop, and the black side of the ledger increase at a faster rate. JMHO.

I think a better move would be for UPS to expand into other markets that align with their package delivery business. Start a UPS website like AMAZON. Control the shipping, and make a buck off the sales.

Inthegame

First of all, the first three years of our raise will be one lump sum. The last two years will be bi annual.
Once the contract gets completely signed and assuming had gone beyond Aug 1, we will get the raises retroactively. So say we get .70 the first year, you will get 28.00 a week extra for every week the contract did not get ratified. This will be added to your paycheck in a separate line.
If you're FT you'll get $28 straight time for a forty hour week and $1.05 for every OT hour worked.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So anyone know if 705 and 710 have extended their contracts? I hear they have broken off talks. Only a few weeks left!!!!

RealPerson

This is completely false. A small portion goes to cover the BA's salary. Go to a meeting an listen to to Secretary Treasurer every once in a while.

LOL,
I can download ALL the locals info I want.
UPS pays I believe $17 per hour per person to the union for Health and Retirement. I believe it is scheduled to be $22 by the end of the contract.
Several Part timers, never get vested in the company.
My $17 a WEEK is not even close to the money paid in for hours worked...

But Either way, I am paying them to do a job, and I feel they have only looked out for them, and not us....

Honestly I would rather have the $17-$22 per hour, and let me buy my own insurance and 401K...

Well we disagree. And we won't know who's right until it all plays out. But I can tell you this. I keep in touch with a local
official who is very well informed regarding our supplement. The bottom line is we want our UPS health care back. That's it. They can offer 10
bucks an hour more. Doesn't matter. One thing and one thing only gets this supplement passed. Will they stick to their guns? We'll see. But talking
to all the rank and file in the area everybody is on the same page. And like I've said before, I don't think we're alone, not by a long shot.
Are you with central PA local.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
The $17.62 that you speak of is your pension also. It is not. only for your benefits.
That's is we are lucky to make it to full retirement. We now have to work to 55 plus yrs old. Then retire. Your spouse and you are covered. For 15 yrs. Oh wait. I have kids. They are not covered. After retiring. Great contract? Sell out